1,970 results
All reviews wine and cheese cannery row great location foam street gas fireplace within walking distance parking fee crackers two sinks family suite two blocks best westerns the monterey bay aquarium small balcony nice breakfast continental breakfast street side
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I love the feel of the Victorian Inn. It is cozy and their employees are very friendly and extremely accommodating. The fireplace in the room creates an inviting atmosphere for a relaxing stay. I love the breakfast in the Lobby. It has a great variety of things to choose from, not just coffee and a danish but eggs, bagels, cereal, and pastries. The afternoon wine and cheese is also a welcoming touch. You are close to the Monterey Aquarium and some wonderful places to eat.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2009

There was a group of six of us, four in one room with two double beds and two in one room with a king bed. We stayed in rooms 118 at the very end of the building D and in room 120.

The hotel is nicely situated in Cannery Row, within walking distance to Cannery Row, the Aquarium, as well as shops, restaurants and Longs Drugstore (which came in handy for us).

There are a total of 5 buildings with pretty landscaping in between. Next to the check-in desk is an area set aside for eating. We had available to us fresh fruit, bagels, white/wheat bread, banana nut bread, muffins, and cereal, with juice, milk, and coffee. There were two ladies who kept the supplies stocked for the guests in the morning. The eating area has limited seating, so be prepared to wait for a table, take your food back to your room, or sit down and hold your plate in your lap. We found the breakfast to be plentiful and in nice surroundings.

Our room had two double beds, a desk to write on and a fireplace. The tv was in a hutch with a small refrigerator below. We used it to keep our water cool. The bathroom had two sinks, so in the bath area was the toilet, bath/shower, and sink, and then outside was another sink with a double view mirror and hair dryer set up. There was also an ironing board and iron to use.

We didn't use the fireplace, and it was cool in Monterey so we didn't use the ceiling fan. We also had a patio since we were on the first floor. I liked that we could scoot along the balcony to the "back door" of our cousin's room, however, we were also next to the pathway to leave the hotel, and anyone could easily step over the 3-ft high wall, so we kept our patio door locked.

The parking garage is below, so I thought it was very convenient. There was even some wash rags & solution to clean your car windows, so I thought it was a nice touch. The parking garage had one entrance for the cars, but had two entrances plus the elevator reached below so you can take your suitcases to your room without having to deal with the stairs. Buildings A-C are connected with interior corridors and are 3-stories high. The elevators open into those buildings, and there is a video vending machine where you can rent videos & charge them to your room. Also, you need to use a room key to enter the interior passage, and I thought that was a good touch for people who are more worried about security.

There is a jacuzzi, but we never used it because it was really too cold. I did use the ice machine, and found it easy & clean. I also like that near the jacuzzi are a few tables where people could sit together (on warm days).

I would recommend that if you are travelling with others to ask for a room with connecting balconies so you can sit together.

The negatives to this hotel would be that the toilet seems to be an older brand so it flows slowly. Just be careful so you do not stop it up.

I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were very nicely decorated, and we received excellent, courteous service. We also purchased our tickets to the Aquarium here, which made it convenient for us. Later in the evening we wanted to get a bite, and since it was already 9 pm we weren't sure we would be able to find a place. The hotel recommended Willy's barbecue, and that turned out to be a perfect choice for us. It was within walking distance and the food was very good.

I definitely recommend this hotel and would use it again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2009

It was a nice place to stay 2 blocks from Monterey Bay. Within walking distance of restaurants, the Aquarium, and Cannery Row. The staff was courteous and offered their assistance. They offered wine & cheese in the afternoon and each morning offered fresh bagels, muffins, fruit, coffee, etc.
The room was large and comfortable, but what I didn't like is I could hear the people above us walking around and I could hear when they used the water.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sugarshak
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We stayed at the Victorian Inn for only one night as planned, it is located very close to Cannery Row and we easily walked it every time we went. The room was clean and large which was great for us with two children but here is where I had an issue. The FREE breakfast in the morning SUCKS!!!!, we stayed at a two star hotel three months back in Downtown Monterey and the FREE breakfast there was 1000% better. When I told this to the manager her response was "We tried or hardest." If you are counting on breakfast here don't stay, if you are staying for the location and nice rooms than we liked it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2009

4th time we staid here because the parking is more reasonable than other hotels and it is walking distance to Aquarium, Cannery Row, Beach, and favorite restaurants. Great escape for hot summer climates.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple