1,971 results
All reviews wine and cheese cannery row great location foam street gas fireplace within walking distance parking fee crackers two sinks family suite two blocks best westerns the monterey bay aquarium small balcony nice breakfast continental breakfast street side
Reviewed 2 October 2009

The staff was friendly and informative. The room was wonderful. We arrived with a 60# dog and were quite pleased with both the size of the room and the Inn. Great breakfast! Can't wait for next year.

Reviewed 28 September 2009

great location - midway between Cannery Row/Monterey Bay Aquarium and old Monterey. many walk-to stores. restaurants, and shops. i did not have private transportation (no car).
the room i had was a king, ground floor. i occasionally heard the occupants in the room above me when they walked heavily, typical of older properties. every staff member i encountered acknowledged and greeted me.
recently renovated rooms so carpets were fairly new, as well as decor bedding. the fireplace was a nice touch, but didn't use it (summer). would stay there again. typical continental type breakfast available. due to the nature of my stay, i dined out. i did not assess whether there was a restaurant or room service available, but inclined to say no. very perfunctory without the luxury. (previous reviews indicated animal smells in elevators, no indication of that due to no carpeting in elevator from carpark).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2009

The bad: The designated "dog room" we stayed in was terrible. The floor was some kind of laminated plastic. Every time we or our dog turned around in the small room, we slipped. I requested a throw rug but was told they had none. I didn't want to touch the bedspread. The tiny balcony (I mean TINY) overlooked a very busy street, traffic going all day and all night.

The good: Very decent simple breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese in a nice Victorian room, and very good complementary coffee. We were suppose to stay six nights and the management very graciously let us leave after two nights without extra charge.

My suggestion: Skip Monterey altogether and go to the much nicer and not any pricier Carmel. It is beautiful and pet friendly rooms are abundant.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
IOM_8, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2009

We appreciate our guest’s comments concerning their room experience. Feedback is always welcome and considered to be of significant value to our business. Our pet-friendly rooms have a laminate floor rather than carpet. We have chosen this type of flooring in order to offer a more hygienic experience for our guests. Again, we appreciate the guest’s comments.

Victorian Inn

Reviewed 9 September 2009

We were recommened to stay at the Victorian Inn by friends. I searched the internet for other hotels for prices but I found that the Victorian Inn had the best price and we are so glad we stayed there. It is our intent to recommened your Hotel to all our friends and family even strangers.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

We stayed just one night during the week, and we were very happy.
The staff was always very helpful and very nice to us. When we arrived, they upgraded us to the top floor with spa. The room was in the building in the back, not on the street - so it was quiet. The room was spacious, neat. The bathroom was great, the shower / spa was very much appreciated. The location was great!
There is a fee for parking in their garage, US$12. However, given the fact that you are within easy walking distance of Cannery Row and the Aquarium, and the fact that nearby garages were charging up to US$20 per day, it is a good deal, Especially because they let you keep your car there even on the check-out day. You can buy tickets for the Aquarium at the reception: same price as the ones purchased directly at the Aquarium but valid for 2 days. I understand that is not a unique arrangement, probably you can do that in any hotel in Monterey.
They have a wine-and-cheese welcome event every day between 4 and 6 pm. I just made it after a 2-hour run, so I was starving and I was thirsty, and the buffet was a perfect post-run recovery snack. (there is wine, cheese, but also lemonade, coffee, fruit, different kinds of crackers).
What most pleasantly surprised us was breakfast: true, it is continental breakfast, but still you could get boiled eggs and instead of the stale muffins you often find in such places there were some very yummy muffins, rich in grains and raisins, made locally.
BTW, Longs is just one block away, so if you need water or snacks get them there: as usual, charges for the in-room bar were outrageous.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple