Monterey Fairgrounds Inn
US$204
Spindrift Inn(Monterey)
US$256
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$97
ComfortInn
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
US$230
US$200
US$444
US$303
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$139
Travelocity
US$207
US$202
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed one night on the drive between LA and San Francisco. The biggest issue we had was the walls are tissue paper thin to the point where we could have joined in next door's conversation. We did request a room change, but none were available.
TV and amenities were ok, the bathroom was tired but useable. Ample free parking, wi-fi and the breakfast provided was reasonable. Having said that, we wouldn't stay here again because of the privacy issue and would spend more next time to stay somewhere else. I should point out that we use hotel rooms to sleep only and we are not normally fussy - we just want rooms to be clean and private.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allie L
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My reservation was from Thur through Monday. A day before I found out I would not be checking out on Monday, but on Sunday, but I needed the room Wed. When I got there they said I could not switch the days. So I ended paying for Wed. If your into shopping on tv then this is the place for you. NO movie channels, 95% are shopping online channels. The tv color was yellow, and I thought it would be going out really soon. The shower door would not close shut. Very dirty on the property, garbage on the walk way. When I got back to my room on Thur. night a guy 3 doors down offer to sell me some weed. Dew smell when I first got there. The curtains would not shut all the way so I took the hangers in the closet that had the pants clips on them, and secured the curtains. I had to reset the clock every night for the right time. Cross this place off..

Room Tip: Give it up...Take your chances
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I'm a hotel snob, if you will. My 3 year old daughter and I stayed here one night. For an inexpensive budget motel I was quite pleased. Staying in a cheaper motel I can point out numerous obvious problems which most of them have, but overall my stay was very good.

Pros: Rooms equipped with desk, table & chairs, fridge, microwave, separate closet, free parking, frand continential breakfast. The room was very clean (with the exception of the carpet). Bed was comfortable.

Cons: Breakfast, although free was disappointing toast, danish, cereal. No healthy options like an apple or banana, so I didn't eat. Room: I couldn't find an outlet to plug in my laptop. There was a power strip sitting on the dresser that had tv, alarm clock, micro, fridge plugged in. This can be dangerous for children. The decor was not pleasing, but again, it didn't really change my opinion about my stay.

I'd stay here again if I were on a tight budget.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room at the back of the lot. A times we could hear cars from the main street, but we are used to that so it didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ndvibbard
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed here in August of 2013 for one night...thank goodness that was all. The entire property was filthy including the room which looked like it had been redone in 1975. The hotel room door was extremely unsafe and a party of some sort went on in the parking lot below our room until 2:39 in the morning. Dirty bathroom with terrible fixtures and no water pressure greeted me in the morning. Went down to the office for breakfast but it wasn't open yet. As we walked toward the office a man who truly looked like a crack head was staring out his room window at us and I kid you not, he had no clothes on. Very creepy! Wouldn't not stay here again if it was the only room available for 200 miles.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

the manager wasn't nosy or rude and let me be instead of staring at the door and calling the room everytime i smoked a cigarette outside or had my sister come over. which has happened. the room was alright. there werent crackeheads walking around either which was nice

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com