“Brief but pleasant stay”

Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin, California
“Brief but pleasant stay”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We checked in late Fri evening and left early Sat but would love to try this hotel for a longer stay next time I head to Monterey. Lobby was beautiful, Lounge and pool area looked really nice but I did not get the opportunity to use. Hopefully next time. Rooms are typical, single pane windows, so you an hear whats going on outside (at least in the room we were in) but I've yet to find a really quiet hotel. Nice real wood furniture, like the recycling bins - but the beds were extraordinary!! If I could have I would have stolen the comforter and pillows :) . My son kept complimenting that every one was so nice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
VillaFlorenceGM, General Manager at Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Dear Cathy O:
Thanks for the great feedback! Our Featherborne bed package is a Lurkspur Hotel signature item. The staff love to hear great things about them, and I will be certain to share. Look forward to your next visit!
Thanks
Jim Gerney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 28 October 2011

very nice motel. A bit worn in the details, such as the cracked moulding on the bathroom floors, but honestly, how important are the details? I was in a "cozy queen", small, but plenty big enough for my week's stay. The bed was very comfortable, and I loved the radio. Too many hotels either have no radios or horrible cheap radios, but this Cambridge Soundworks set had wonderful clarity and depth. i just wish it had come with an adapter for my iPod. Big wide screen tv, but I don;t watch television, so I didn't use it. Not very private, on the first floor I felt like people in the parking lot were sharing room with me. Parking was a bit of problem too; not really the motel's fault, more the fault of people who drive ridiculous oversized behemoths that take up two spaces.

Room Tip: Second floor probably better
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear MattBenzing:
I appreciate your comments on our bed package, It is one of our many strong points, along with the Cambridge audio. I also understand that parking fills up and apologize that larger vehicles sometimes take up extra spaces. We do our best to prevent this, especially when full.
We look forward to your return!
Regards,
Bay Village
Reviewed 26 October 2011

A flat land foreigner from Ohio is hardly an expert on California hotels, but a zillion nights in a thousand hotels has tought me a few things.I judge any hotel by what I percieve as the intent of its' owner.I was dazzled by this place.The grounds, the room, it's maintainance, its' decor
rang every bell I have. They've a very stylish, even chic, restaurant, and their food was, I thought, wonderfully done and served with grace, and (thankfully) humor. I had a single room.
It was not large, but it was fine. I didn't have to "go outside to change my mind." as my old man would have said. I don't think I've ever written the words "decor" and "chic" on the same page in my life, but they've worked hard here. You will like this spot, and. . .you'll be able to afford it. Even I could.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Norfolk
Reviewed 25 October 2011

This hotel has its rooms over a large area in one and two storey blocks, not too bad unless it pours with rain and you need to get to reception! OK once we got there as we could pick up an umbrella to use but unfortunate otherwise... The room was clean and comfortable if quite small but with a nice bathroom, although the shower was really noisy it had the quietest flushing toilet I've ever come across... It is in a good position in the town, away from all the hustle and bustle of Cannery Row but close enough to walk if you want to, or even closer to the bus terminal if you want to ride on weary days.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
VillaFlorenceGM, General Manager at Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear florrirmay06;
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay. I appreciate your comments, and wish that the weather did not create challenges. However, I am pleased that you enjoyed the room, bath and location. We look forward to your return under sunny skies!
Thanks again,
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We recently spent three nights at Casa Munras in Monterey, CA. The hotel consists of a nice combination of one and two story buildings spread out over a fair sized lot. There is also a nice restaurant as well by the name of Esteban. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was in good shape and appeared to have been recently painted. Included was a gas fireplace, although the weather was a bit warm to really take advantage of it. There's no AC or ceiling fan, so in warmer months, it could possibly get a bit uncomfortable. The bathroom was on the small side, but nicely tiled. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the harbor and bay. There is also a Trader Joes just down the street as well as a Peet's Coffee shop, among other establishments. Overall, we definitely enjoyed our stay here, and one can't go too far wrong in Monterey no matter what. The nearby attractions, of course, are the Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row and the coastline down 17 mile drive. It's a place I would recommend to anyone looking for a nice, laid back hotel in a beautiful town.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I absolutely loved Casa Munras! The location is amazing! We were able to walk down to canery row in less than 20min! There's a Trader Joe's right around the corner, which is important if you like healthy snack like we do. The hotel itself has an amazing staff, always there to help (directions, towels, etc.).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Clean, modern room. Great restaurant on site, all together a very beautiful experience. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple