I stayed here for three nights during a conference. The lobby, entrance, and grounds are very nice. My room, which is ADA (I had a family member join me and he's older, so he'd rather avoid stairs if possible) was big enough, but rather uneventful, it appeared as if all the leftover furniture unused from other rooms was tossed into our room, and it felt like a basement - very dark.
However, we weren't using the room - only for sleep and so forth. We hung out a lot at the outdoor lounge, which becomes a popular hotspot for happy hour with locals and tourists alike in the evening. Heaters abound so it's popular well into the evening.
I made an appointment at the spa, which is very nice and brand new (or newly reopened). My nail tech never showed up, so they offered me another appointment and a free pedicure. So, that was nice and my nail tech that day was really lovely and nice. Rates are very reasonable at the spa.
Hotel staff was very nice, funny and accommodating. Restaurant staff was friendly, very slow sometimes though. I often felt like they treated people differently based on how much they spend, which was very frustrating as a solo person who sometimes just wanted a drink. However, the bartender and manager were generally very nice. I did move at one point to allow the manager to seat a larger party at my table, and wasn't even thanked for it. The perils of solo dining...
Casa Munras is close to historic downtown Monterey. You can walk. But, for those who aren't able to walk far, I'd stay someplace closer in town. Free parking is nice, and the area felt rather safe at night despite some "local color," that hangout near the Peet's Coffeeshop nearby.
Pro tip - French bakery across the street is fabulous for coffee and fresh pastries in the morning. Pool is very clean and heated year round at the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of picturesque Old Town Monterey, the historic Casa Munras Hotel & Spa holds the distinction of being the first hotel in Monterey. True to its Spanish heritage, the hacienda-inspired design of this charming property embraces the California outdoors with relaxed, expansive grounds, creating a captivating environment for warm, welcoming accommodations. Whether traveling on business or enjoying a well-deserved vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TIG Global, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Casa Munras
- Larkspur Collection Monterey
- Casa Munras Garden Hotel