We stayed here one night and were glad to leave. It is definitely more of a motel rather than hotel. It has a motor inn vibe to the place. now there are some nice features..the lounge area is nicely furnished and you can relax outside on the patio when the weather is warm.
we were hoping to go for a swim but it was full of screaming happy children. I was happy for them as they were enjoying themselves but it wasn't what I was hoping for! I think it is a great location for families however and I'd recommend it for families. The bedroom was adequate and there was free internet..a bonus and a movie supply available...also a bonus. The bed was comfortable enough and overall the room was clean. I think the one problem we had was that we could hear people snoring next door and also could hear full conversations. So if you're a light sleeper and don't wear earplugs, beware! For Monterey, it is probably a good deal and if that is most important, then I'd recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of picturesque Old Town Monterey, the historic Casa Munras Hotel & Spa holds the distinction of being the first hotel in Monterey. True to its Spanish heritage, the hacienda-inspired design of this charming property embraces the California outdoors with relaxed, expansive grounds, creating a captivating environment for warm, welcoming accommodations. Whether traveling on business or enjoying a well-deserved vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TIG Global, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Casa Munras
- Larkspur Collection Monterey
- Casa Munras Garden Hotel