had a great 5 day stay at Casa Munras. The lobby area is nicely renovated... they leave cookies and apples out which was a charming touch. the restaurant on site has good food and a nice outside area with firepit. the grounds were well kept- blooming flowers and such. My room (basic queen I think) was clean and recently renovated as well. i found the staff to be very helpful and the location was nice too. It's within a short walk to Alvarado street and a stroll down this street to the Pier area. Also within a minute's walk was a deli that served great sandwiches and Trader Joes/Peets Coffee is close by too :)
It was much colder than I expected and I don't know who'd brave the chills to use the pool, but I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of picturesque Old Town Monterey, the historic Casa Munras Hotel & Spa holds the distinction of being the first hotel in Monterey. True to its Spanish heritage, the hacienda-inspired design of this charming property embraces the California outdoors with relaxed, expansive grounds, creating a captivating environment for warm, welcoming accommodations. Whether traveling on business or enjoying a well-deserved vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TIG Global, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Casa Munras
- Larkspur Collection Monterey
- Casa Munras Garden Hotel