“Tasty and plentiful.”

Happy Dragon
Ranked #218 of 306 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The place was empty when we arrived but went in anyway as it was midweek off season. We were happy we did.
The service was quick and friendly and they gave us so much food, we ended up bringing the rest to our room for later. It was tasty and filling.
We had the "A" combination for two.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We have eaten here on three occasions and have yet to a bad meal. Good service, reasonable size portions, and decent menu selections. The Mogo Beef could be bit spicier, but overall a nice place to eat.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

The food is very good and the portions are generous.

They have really great, reasonible lunch specials.

The staff is great. It is family owned and operated. If you go a few times, they remember your name and you are instantly old friends.

Reviewed 26 January 2010

I work with a woman that eats here all the time: Its less than 2 miles from our office. She told me today that people she knew bought it and I suspect that has happened since the poor reviews from 2 years ago. Its an older building, but its clean and the service is very good. I had the Kung Pao Squid and my friend has the almond chicken. Both were excellent., go out of your way to eat here excellent. Green tea, good soup and a very reasonable $6.55 for each was a good deal. I would happily go back here again.

Reviewed 27 August 2009

My wife and I were in the mood for some Chinese food after our road trip. We Googled Chinese food in the Monterey area and found this place after reading that it had some decant food reviews. So, we drove across town to get there a good 40 minutes before it closed, walked in and the guy from behind the register yells from across the restaurant; "we're closing, take out only"; no hello. I double checked the business hours on the door; yeap, they close at 9PM, checked my watch, yeap, only 8:20PM. Now, my wife and I didn't look like we just rolled in off the street, we were decently dressed to go out for the evening so there was no way these people could have mistaken us for a couple of bums off the street just there to stink up the place to explain their rudeness but we were hungry and decided to order anyway.

Our food was ready in about 10 minutes. I looked around the place while we waited and it was nice enough, an attractive waitress, traditional Chinese décor, a guy who looked like Bob Marley eating orange chicken behind the front desk...

So we get our food and leave. We find a nice place to eat and start to tear into the crab rangoon. OMG!!! Like eating cardboard and sawdust! I literally chocked. More than $7 for crab rangoon that was so bad I probably would have enjoyed eating a pine cone more. The house fried rice and shrimp fried rice we ordered equally sucked, SUCKED! No amount of soy sauce could save it. The rice was dry, the meat was tough, it lacked flavor, it SUCKED! I mean, it's pretty hard to screw up rice but these people managed to do it. People who think that this place is good must have grown up eating out of a dumpster because that's what this place serves, garbage; which is where our dinner ended up. I rather eat a 7-11 then this place ever again!

1  Thank Simpotico