“Couldn't find us”

Cuisines: Pizza
Santa Rosa, California
“Couldn't find us”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the Lighthouse Lodge and Cottages in Pacific Grove. We ordered food and were told that the food would be to us in 45 minutes to an hour. We ordered both hot and cold food.
The food took an hour and a half to get to us because the driver got lost looking for the hotel. Instead of contacting us to let us know that our food was going to be late, we had to call them back and ask.

When we finally received our food, it was cold. Fortunately, the food that was cold was food that could be eaten cold. Also they charged us for utensils (2 sets) and only got one set.
I would not recommend this delivery service. The level of customer service was disappointing.
we also tried to order from their website which didn't work forcing us to call when we would have like to just place the order and have it delivered.

• Visited March 2014

Jackson, Michigan
“Night In”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We bought from California Pizza Kitchen with a wide variety to choose from for all members of our family. Food hot, all utensils included, very quick service. Gave us our night of downtime with a good meal.

Visited July 2013
Chicago
“Good Service”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We had troubles placing our order so my husband called and they took it over the phone. We had them deliver from a local italian resturant. They said the food would take an hour to arive and it did. The prices were steep but for what it is it works well and everyone seemed really nice!

• Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“First and LAST time”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I only Yelp if its amazing or awful and this sucks. The girl on the phone was kinda nice but the food came cold to touch (literally, my food was so cold it felt like it had been picked up an hour before being delivered....so cold my sauce was congealed on my appetizer) and smelled AWFUL...and I got CaliforniaPizzaKitchen which I've had 100 times before getting it myself...so bad I had to throw out based on smell.....talk about a waste of money. Not to mention a delivery driver with an attitude about receiving a 20% tip (more than generous considering) plus being charged for utensils I never received.

Awful, first and last time.

• Visited May 2013
Marina, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“On behalf of a Very UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

ATTENTION MANAGEMENT

Service has gone down hill recently.. We've used doorbell dining for one of our guests at a hotel in Marina CA. Delivery times also run about 1 hour to 1.5 hours, so plan well in advance.

We called and gave them our ADDRESS AND ZIP CODE in "MARINA, CA" Hint MARINA CA 93933"

After about an hour and a half some one called and stated that "We can't deliver to your food in Marina CA, unless you pay us more money for our drivers" we have stopped using their service TODAY. Originally they had a good idea, but the company has gotten greedy in our view. Not only are they making a profit on the food you buy (we've heard about 20%), plus the delivery charge itself, but now they include a mandatory tip of 15% in most cases. Isn't a tip supposed to be for good service? I guess not with Doorbell Dining.

And as mentioned, be prepared, because when they decide that their profit, the delivery charge, and mandatory tip aren't enough, then they may attempt to extort an even higher tip on the phone from you or refuse delivery (after they have taken your order of course). It's no way to run a business if you ask me.

Here's a tip for Doorbell dining: get your act together, because it's just as easy to call a pizza place directly and save not only money, but having to deal with your staff.

On behalf of a very unsatisfied customer

• Visited April 2013