“OMG!!! Damn good donuts”
Review of Red's Donuts

Red's Donuts
Ranked #4 of 5 Bakeries in Monterey
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I have to say I am a donut snob. I am not eating a lot of donuts anymore, so when I do they have to be really good to waste the calories. As we walked to the Old Monterey Cafe for breakfast we walked past Red's and we had to stop in for a donut. You knew that the locals were hanging out at the counter. We ordered a buttermilk chocolate dipped and a cake with chocolate a and sprinkles. Soooooooo good! We had to order an extra light breakfast of protein due to my donut obsession. They had 4 choices of base donuts, fruit filled, Boston cream, eclairs and so much more. It was hard to pick only 2!

1  Thank Rothygirl

Reviewed 5 June 2014

If you go in the morning there will be 100s of doughnuts: all kinds. I f you go late in the afternoon there will be 10 to choose from and I know this because I went both times! The doughnuts are fresh and delicious. The staff is local and the locals hang out at the bar probably having been to another bar firs. Just delicious and definitely worth the trip. Reasonably priced (80 cents,I believe). Say yes to this doughnut, you won't be sorry.

2  Thank NC R
Reviewed 3 June 2014

One of the best apple fritters I have ever had. Slightly crunchy on the inside and nice and soft in the inside. Great flavor. I enjoyed this so much I might be back tomorrow.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

...and this place has great doughnuts. It is my second favorite doughnut shop, the best being V.G.'s in Cardiff-by-the-Sea down south. The service is kind of rough but appropriate and the prices are extremely cheap. I love Red's and go back on each visit to Monterey.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went based on T.A. rating & found small selection of cold, average tasting donuts. Cute place & nice staff with counter service but would never go out of my way for these donuts - tasted plain glazed, chocolate iced glazed, raspberry filled and plain & chocolate cake (we were a party of 3). One of the few disappointments from T.A. rating