“'sorry we went there”
Review of Kathy's Restaurant - CLOSED

Kathy's Restaurant
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It looked very cute on the outside and the owner seemed so friendly. However, the breakfast just wasn't good at all. We had omelets and they were undercooked. Their "special sauce" was not good at all. Our orders got mixed up. I was sorry we took our kids there.

1  Thank klutzWestBend

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were here for breakfast on a Saturday and although it was a little busy, there were plenty of tables available. The food tasted great and at a very reasonable price. The only negatives were that the table was a little sticky (could have been wiped better) and for a short while a child was wandering about the restaurant. The child seemed to be the son or grandson of the owner or one of the employees. This happen for only 15 minutes or so. He almost knocked an elderly lady over when he pushed his way around her. Other than that, a very nice breakfast house and we'd go back.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

But the cook was happy to make them over. Very nice waiter/cook. Good value and $3 off with coupon from motel.

1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Kathy's has the best breakfasts. They are very filling and reasonably priced. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

While the location and decor do not provide a wow factor, the food and service at this sweet lil' cafe were Excellent. A LOT of care clearly went into preparing our meals, you can always Taste the difference. I had an excellent waffle w/ fresh strawberries and Fabulous country-style (thick cut) bacon and my friend had a 1st rate Denver omelet breakfast with all the trimmings. The butter was whipped and fluffy, syrup was served warm in a wee pitcher, nice garnishes, just the extra touches that shows a genuine Effort was being made in the kitchen.

We commented on the Gorgeous homemade muffins we saw still in their pan as we arrived and later our waitress surprised us by giving us two to take home (along with the one from my friend's bkft. which was only partially eaten given its ginormous size) -- maybe it was because it was Christmas Eve (day) but THAT was quite a surprise and certainly very generous!

The only tidbit that might trip someone up in dining here is that they don't accept cc's -- not even debit cards. So I was grateful I had enough cash with me, and the prices were also excellent. Terrific find for bkft. and I bet it's lovely sitting out on the small patio (too chilly the morning we were there).