Monterey Fireside Lodge
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$210
Hampton.com
US$232
US$200
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
US$357
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
US$144
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$303
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$88
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I had to go to a seminar at the US Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey. The Fireside is the closest hotel to the school, and an incredible bargain! It's about a TWO MINUTE walk to the gate!!!! The room was very large, very comfy, with lots of thoughtful little touches... the plugs were actually where you could USE them with a laptop! The wireless signal was strong, no hassles logging on, and it didn't boot you out every 24 hours. The bed was super comfortable, the room was sparkling clean, the shower and bath facilities were topnotch, the place was quiet... WOW. Not only that, but the staff was incredibly friendly. I guess it's a family-owned place, because it's so cordial. The lady who apparently owns it has done a stupendous job of landscaping, with beautiful low-water-use plants that show a real touch of creativity in their placement.

I plan to bring my wife up here to the Fireside when we are on vacation. Incidentally, they HAVE a fireplace in the room. How awesome is THAT???

<Incidentally, sorry, I didn't take any photos>

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank WayneBNorris
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We decided spur of the moment to get out of the Central California heat and wanted to head up to the Monterey Coast. Knowing absolutely nothing about the area hotels/motels we came first to TripAdvisor. Most of the reviews were really good for Fireside but I still had a few questions. So I called ...got Steve on the phone and after just a few seconds speaking to him I was sold. Steve was so helpful in our last minute planning and understood our budget concerns. BOOK IT STEVEO!
We arrived pretty early for our Sunday night reservation. Steve let us check in even tho our room wasn't ready we got all the paperwork done. We were directed to some great little areas to eat that had local appeal. Perfect. After a while we came back and got the key. Our room wasn't quite ready but it was still way before their check in time. However Steve gave us our key and we tossed our bags in there. Shin was in there working so hard with Steves darling daughter to get our room ready. No big deal we were early so went exploring some more.
When we did get in our room we were so pleasantly surprised. So cute!!!! Nice size room with a mini-kitchen (fridge and microwave). The bathroom was also a nice size with a separate vanity sink. Deco was so sweet, it was cozy and very homey. They have Direct Tv with plenty of channels YAY what a nice change from local channels only.
Our room had a king with a double and we still had lots of room to move about. Windows open all the way (another much welcomed thing). Each room has a fireplace but we didnt even come close to needing it.
Anything we needed or asked for the staff (Steve,Shin and Steves daugher ;0 ) were on it immediately. They were so wonderful. When we left I gave Shin a big hug because I felt as thought I had a new life long friend. Thats how welcoming they are!!!!!
I also got to tour the newer suite rooms ...wow they are beautiful. They have anything you need and a jacuzzi tub!!!!!
I just simply can't say enough of this wonderful place. Did I mention you can WALK a very short distance to the beach and Fisherman's Warf? We just loved it.
I hesitated to write this as I really didnt want to share my secret but I felt I had too.
Steve and Shin thanks ever so much for sharing the Fireside with us. See you soon am sure!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mebethy
Reviewed 1 July 2010

A friend I was visiting with was staying at the Fireside Lodge and therefore I had the pleasure of staying there myself. Owners Shin and her son Steven welcomed me with open arms and made sure we had everything we needed and then some. The room was clean and cozy. A great place to stay, located within walking distance of downtown Monterey, The Wharf, beaches and Cannery Row. The next time I visit Monterey I will surely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I stayed at the Fireside Lodge for four nights while attending business meetings at the nearby Naval Postgraduate School (NPS). The staff were very polite and helpful, and the room was large, very clean, and comfortable. The location is perfect for NPS, about five minutes' walk from the gate. As an added convenience, the room had a microwave, refrigerator, and some cups and dishes, as well as a gas fireplace. The rate was much less than I would expect for a hotel in Monterey. Altogether, an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We stay at this hotel several time a year with our 85 pound Labrador Retriever, and let me say it is hard to find a hotel that will allow big dogs. This hotel is perfect for us and our four legged kid. It is centrally located with a vet on the same street and a pet groomer between the hotel and the beach, perfect for a bath after playing in the ocean. The hotel is in walking distance of the beach and Fisherman’s Warf. The owners are in the process of remodeling the rooms, and they are going to all look fantastic when they are all done. The colors and décor are beautiful, what an amazing transformation. The staff could not be friendlier. Our room had a vase of fresh roses from the beautiful garden outside and I was handed a vase of sweet pea and lavender when I checked in. Anything I asked for they were more than happy to provide. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a dog or looking for a centrally located hotel in a quiet neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple