“Welcome Haven”

Ranked #46 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Durango, Colorado
“Welcome Haven”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

After many hours of United Airlines delays of my flight from Denver's 0 degree weather, I arrived in the wee hours of the morning, ready for a warm room and comfy bed. I pulled my roller bag along the road/ part sidewalks around the bend to the Inn. Once here, I found just the welcome haven for my weary bones hat I needed. The room was spacious, nice bed and large bath/shower. Microwave and fridge, deck to enjoy the sunshine and morning breeze. I liked enough floor space / and or deck to do some yoga and the continental breakfast is well set up, clean and attended. Besides cereal, pastries and juice it includes waffles, eggs in different forms and fruit choices. The price cannot be beat, the service timely and everything was clean. I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank skylar60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
North Carolina
Reviewed 28 November 2013

A bit off the beaten path, but an easy location from which to launch. My room was enormous and included a balcony. Very clean, though the décor was a bit dated. Comfy place to stay. The free breakfast buffet was good, included eggs and sausage and DIY waffles.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BeeGirlNC
Boulder
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Inn Monterey Airport. The hotel was clean and quiet and offered an amazing breakfast each morning. Breakfast choices were nicely varied. Bedding was comfortable enough for me to get a great nights sleep each night. I'm not a sound sleeper, but this hotel was so quiet I slept right through the night!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hikingwgolden
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It is a great to stay! The people there are very nice and respectful. This is the second time we have stayed there. The rooms are very big and spacious. They are very clean. It relaxing to sit on the balcony. The housekeeping staff is very thoughtful and considerate. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheri K
Amherst, Ohio
Reviewed 15 September 2013

No A/C, no pool,no gym. Expensive for a Comfort Inn. Rooms are big but dated , near airport.
Reminds me of 1978. Things in this area are expensive so it's about typical price but I feel a lot for what you get.

Room Tip: Get a room further in
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vdubfixer
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My family and I stayed here on a quick mini vacation. The rate we paid was $120/night which seemed like a good bargain for the Monterey area. The hotel is a bit dated, but the rooms were huge and very clean. The beds were typical Comfort Inn/Travelodge quality and were good enough to sleep in, but not something you'd wanna take home; like an Ayres Hotel pillow top! Our room did not have great heating and air conditioning (the bay area doesn't really require either) but management was very friendly and had a good stock of box fans to loan out so that we had air movement and grey noise. We stayed in building 400 which backs up to the main road in and out of Monterey/Salinas so traffic noise was loud with the windows open.
Lastly the breakfast was sufficient. It was slightly better than a continental breakfast and for a family on a budget saved us quite a bit of money and fed us sufficiently for our day. The hotel is adjacent to the regional airport but there wasn't that much noise from the airplanes and the restaurant there is a hidden gem (See review on the Golden Tee Restaurant).
Overall this is a nice, reasonably priced, no frills hotel that serves it purpose and had friendly management.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a building other than #400 which is adjacent to roadway.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve H
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were visiting Monterey Aquarium after doing some business nearby, and just wanted a decent motel for a single night. This filled the bill very well, and I'd definitely rate it better than the standard Comfort Inn. It is not terribly convenient to downtown (or to restaurants), but is adjacent to the Monterey Airport for those who are flying into the city. (We weren't.) We have marked this as a good value since we got a fine advance purchase price, but be warned that the rack rates we heard quoted to walk-ins were quite high.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple