I stayed here for one night for a pit stop in Monterey. When we checked in, there was a manager training a new employee, and the process took a lot longer than anticipated. The manager also seemed to be condescending to the employee as he trained her, and he was incredibly disinterested and lacked professionalism. I'm not asking for the guy to love his job, but at least make the guest feel welcome: that's just DOING your job. The lot also has several apartment-like building complexes, Bldg 100-400. We were not given directions to our room and we had to do the guesswork ourselves (maybe we should have asked, but most hotels/motels at least point you in the direction).
At first, I was very pleased with the room. We had a king bedroom suite with a fireplace and kitchenette. The room itself had nice wood paneling, a gas fireplace, a nice TV, and the kitchenette was inside concealed doors on the wood paneling. The bed was clean also, and we had Rm#401 which had a pretty tree outside concealing the balcony/window from the street. We knew it would have a lot of traffic noise, being on the outside end of the lot, but we wanted a better view, so we got it. The restroom was clean, but DEFINITELY dated as other reviews have stated. The tiles were an unattractive brown color, the toilet sounded like a jet taking off, and the shower stall only had a very small shelf that could barely fit a single travel sized bar of soap and the travel sized shampoo and conditioner. Oh - and as you'll see in an attached photo, there is a telephone next to the toilet. It's really amusing but absolutely confusing.
Finally, I knew there would be potential sleep issues due to traffic noises and/or people walking around outside, but I was woken up at 4:00AM because it sounded like there was someone knocking on the bed's side of the wall (not at the door). This was curious because there was NO adjacent room on that side. We were at the end of the building. This knocking continued intermittently through the rest of the morning until we left the hotel. Perhaps it was a bird (there were some birds in the outside trees) trying to build a nest or something? Either way, it greatly detracted from my sleep.
I would still recommend to stay here if you only intend to stay one night or if you are a heavy sleeper. The price is very good in comparison to other hotels in the Monterey/Carmel area. However, I am considering raising my standards and shelling out extra cash for a better location / better sleep, should I take an extended trip to Monterey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Monterey Airport. We are located on sprawling tree covered grounds at the entrance to the scenic Monterey California Peninsula. We are just minutes away from Cannery Row, Monterey Bay Aquarium, shopping, dinning and many sporting activities. We offer a free continental breakfast. All hotel rooms have free wireless high speed Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators, iron and ironing boards. Some of our hotel rooms offer balconies or bay windows, and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport Hotel Monterey
- Comfort Inn Monterey Airport
- Peninsula Monterey
- Monterey Peninsula
- Monterey Comfort Inn