“good hotel in a good city”

Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Monterey Park
Reviewed 31 October 2012

the hotel is clean, cozy.

rooms have minibar, microwave, bathroom with bathtub. it´s big enough.

elevators working nice too. you can use the stairs if you like, no problem.

friendly staff working there. room maids so nice. it´s worthy trying ir you around the area.

Room Tip: virtually all apartments are the same. i could no see differences among them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Theodoro L

Reviewed 23 October 2012

hello my boyfriend and i were looking for a hotel to stay in so we pull in to the comfrot inn as we were pulling in the front dest employee were outside when they saw us pull in they both went inside when we got out of the our vehicle the front door was lock and the no vacancy sign was put out. i never knew that racialism was still around and that it was so close to home. i was very upset for my boyfriend but he was ok with it because he was a marine for 23 years serving this country so he has seen it all. i will never stay at this hotel due to the way we were treated.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amparo g
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Second time staying here, though the interval had been three years apart. Convenient location to the east side of LA. Safe neighbourhood (I lived in the vicinity before). Staffs helpful. Clean room. Ample parking spaces. Good that they could maintain the same quality all through the years. If you are looking for a no frills stay around the eastside this is it. Never having tried their breakfast so no comment though. The only grudge is that they now raised their prices by two folds since the last time I stayed (Maybe then they were new and under promotion), but still worth the value I must say.

Room Tip: Go for the ground floor rooms for convenience
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Pro's

1. Value for money
2. 30 minutes to Disney Land, Universal Studios, Santa Monica Beach and LAX
3. Clean Rooms, Lobby and Parking lot
4. Decent breakfast

Con's:

1. Small room (We stayed in a 2 queen bed room). There was not much space to move around
2. Breakfast area is really small
3. Internet connection was bad

Los Angeles traffic is very bad. So factor in extra 15 to 20 minutes to anywhere you want to drive.
Hotel is located in an Asian neighborhood. Lots of Asian restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DTHIRU
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed here for 9 days with my significant other and had no complaints at all. The hotel is very clean, comfortable, and has polite staff. The room was cleaned daily, they provide a variety of foods for breakfast, and has free WiFi. We were on the second floor. There were floors above us so sometimes we did hear noise above us but it wasn't common. We will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jessy23r
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This hotel is nicely located and is near to plenty of restaurants. My main gripe is the awful internet connection. I am a long-staying guest, a business traveler and I need to be online even during at night because I need to stay in close coordination with my staff. I have complained to the front desk about the internet and they keep resetting the wi-fi router to accommodate me but the issue persists. Finally, they gave me a LAN cable which made the internet more bearable. This morning, the internet connection stopped working for all. I hope the hotel does something to correct this issue. It would be a shame if customers would shy away because they could not connect to the internet.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sabbychicmom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel twice for two weeks. The hotel is just basic if that were okay by you. Internet, no good 'AT ALL'. Read reviews about it first but thought of taking a chance. The lobby manager was kind to lend me out an ethernet cable but that was just as good as their system setup. They told me they were working to replace the system which I saw mentioned on other reviews also, so it means it is just what they tell everyone.
Asked the front desk asian lady if they had a gym and she happily said yes but it is only open 9am - 3pm. Can you believe that!! Its like opening it up forthe hotel staff only. Actually I wonder if they even have one..

Breakfast sucks. Free breakfast is just as good as the word free. If u were just a basic pickup and go kinda person,just coffee maybe..

• Stayed: October 2011
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Travelodge Rosemead
Travelodge Rosemead
#5 of 12 in Rosemead

Been to Comfort Inn Monterey Park? Share your experiences!