“Great value hotel for a quick stay”

Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Monterey Park
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Needed a last-minute place to crash after a beer event in Alhambra. Found this place on Expedia and booked because of good reviews and an even better price. Service was friendly and our room was sufficient. The interior was clean and the building was quiet and low-key. I wasn't quite comfortable going into the slightly dark basement level for a bottle of water out of the vending machine, but other than that, it was a great value hotel for a quick stay. Nearby to many good restaurants and just a mile and a half from 38 Degrees Bar & Grill, who has one of the best craft beer tap lists in the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissFranberry

Reviewed 21 September 2013

i was here on buisness and my boss reserved me here. good stay, nice rooms. they were very clean and tidy and i just loved it. breakfast was good (actually pretty tastyy) also it was just plain out awesome and fabulous and i loved it so much!!!!!! VERY VERY NICE STAFF! YOLO

Room Tip: For me, parking near the hotel was easier
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank YOLOMAN69
comfortinn Mont... c, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Positive:
-Better price or lower price than other surrounding hotels.
-Nice comfortable rooms (a few of them are small)
-Safe area!!
-Location is good ( no heavy traffic/cars)
-Customer Service is average to great (depends on who is working)
-Nice and Clean!
-Better than other hotel near movie theater.

Negatives:
-Hotel building itself is small and compact (but room is good)
-Small and compact parking space
-Limited seatings at Breakfast due to hotel size
-NO pool

Room Tip: Regardless of what floors, rooms on the back and near the stairs can be loud and noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank reviews45

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Eventhough this hotel is small, it's location makes up for it. Located in a very safe neighborhood of Monterey Park (I should know because I have family residing in the area and have lived nearby), it's a close walk/drive to all the great Asian cuisines this city is known for. Not as rowdy as the Best Western down the street by Atlantic Square, it's quiet yet also convenient. The room is of adequate size with a large plushed bed, fridge/microwave & updated bathroom with granite counter top. The rate includes a decent breakfast in the tiny lobby & there's always sufficient parking in their lot even late at nights. The day we checked out, there was a very friendly Indian guy who showed genuine concern & compassion asking about our stay. It's this tiny gesture of customer service that makes me want to return again soon, plus the nice price tag. My only suggestion for the hotel is to get the carpets cleaned as they did stain my daughter's white sock easily & I had to wear slippers all the time.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Patriciaychou

Dear Guest,

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This Comfort Inn is definitely sub-par to to other Comfort Inns I have stayed before.The bathroom and the room is very small. We booked it because of the proximity to Chinese restaurants. Blankets were paper thin. Breakfast was just so so. They ran out of coffee and cereal and took them quite a long time to refill. We decided to check out after one night and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

I was here for 4 days for businesses trip; the inn was located in a quiet area but closed many restaurants n shops. I had a king bed room n the size is good enough for me. The room has a small refrigerator n microwave. The coffee maker is on the desk. The TV is bigger than I expected about 42'. The inn comes with free breakfast, Internet n parking. I found its very clean n comfortable to stay. I was in room 112, if u worry to get a noise a/c, u can ask this room; quiet n not make much noise as some reviewer said. For a 3 star hotel, I will say its a good place to stay.
Yes the dining area is small and the desk chair is old but the space inside the room is big

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Had a business meeting in Downtown Los Angeles the next morning and did not want to be in a rush in the morning. Stayed here for one night. Room was clean, cozy, comfortable. Staff at the front was pleasant. Parking was on either sides of the hotel. Down the street are all kinds of yummy Asian Restaurants and other places to eat, Rite Aide and Ralphs if you need groceries. It was safe and not too far from Downtown. I was placed on the first floor facing the right side of the parking lot, not too bad. I did not hear alot of noise and my heater was fine. I would stay here again plus show your Triple A card and you get your discount!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Quality Inn
#4 of 12 in Rosemead
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce

Been to Comfort Inn Monterey Park? Share your experiences!