We were visiting LA as well as Joshua tree national park so we decided on looking for best western outside of LA. The price seemed fair at the time of booking.
First, the reception staff asked us to use underground parking and take elevator back up. We stood with our suitcases waiting for elevators (2 of them) and eventually went around to reception to report they are not working. Seemed like some of the staff knew, but didn't care to at least make everyone aware or put up an "Out of Order" sign.
Room was so cramped! The towel rug would get stuck in the door each time bathroom door was opened, and almost touch the WC. Bed and table and dresser were all pinched together with barely any room to walk, I did not expect such cramped quarters so far outside of LA.
The breakfast was perhaps THE WORST experience. That really made me question my habit of looking for a best western by default. There was such a mad scramble for breakfast and equipment kept getting turned off due to load issues. The staff was aware and each time the coffee machine or toaster lost power - they would wait for someone to complain and quietly tell then the circuits are overloaded and we have to wait for someone to fix it. Well if breakfast is served in the morning all guests are expected to heavily use all equipment, the facility was causing the mad scramble to multiply - the moment something came on people rushed to it - particularly what seemed like a tourist group on a bus - language issue, scrambling and frankly etiquette of maintaining line and cleanliness was absent.
Staff did nothing to make our stay reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this prestigious Monterey Park, California hotel where elegance and comfort meet commitment and customer service.The BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel is a property offering excellent lodging accommodations for any vacation or business trip to the Los Angeles area. Hotel guests will have access to an exercise facility, and Jacuzzi®. Guest accommodations feature spacious bathrooms with granite, Sealy® Posturepedic pillow-top mattress on each bed, free high-speed Internet access and cable television (CNN®, Fox News, Fox Sports, ESPN®, and HBO®). This Monterey Park hotel also offers flexible meeting space and facilities for outside catering.Hotel guests will have easy access to the 60 freeway, offering convenient travel to Disneyland®, Universal Studios® Hollywood, downtown Los Angeles and old town Pasadena.The BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel is the best choice for style, sophistication and location. A professional and friendly staff is dedicated to making each traveler's stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Markland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Markland Motel
- Best Western Monterey Park
- Monterey Park Best Western