Best Western Markland Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Lincoln Plaza Hotel(Monterey Park)
  • Pool
Friendly Inn(Rosemead)
View Hotel
Monterey Park Inn(Monterey Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsunderground parkinglos angeleswaffle machineeasy access to the freewayhard boiled eggsfree breakfastfitness roomla areacomfortable staybeds were comfortablethe breakfast areaconvenient locationclean hoteluniversal studiosnice roomenjoyed my staybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We've been going to the BW Plus Markland Hotel for a couple of years. We have never had a negative experience. Dan, the front desk clerk, was awesome! He makes us feel very welcome & is always wanting to make sure our experience at the hotel is smooth. He's personable & has a great attitude! Our room was exceptionally clean & the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast was also very well kept, clean & presentable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marta R
Reviewed 16 April 2013

A good value hotel with good service. But in an awkward location. It is mostly used by tour group. All the staff I met are friendly. If it is located in heart of Monterey Park, it would be the best choice of that city.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were visiting LA as well as Joshua tree national park so we decided on looking for best western outside of LA. The price seemed fair at the time of booking.

First, the reception staff asked us to use underground parking and take elevator back up. We stood with our suitcases waiting for elevators (2 of them) and eventually went around to reception to report they are not working. Seemed like some of the staff knew, but didn't care to at least make everyone aware or put up an "Out of Order" sign.

Room was so cramped! The towel rug would get stuck in the door each time bathroom door was opened, and almost touch the WC. Bed and table and dresser were all pinched together with barely any room to walk, I did not expect such cramped quarters so far outside of LA.

The breakfast was perhaps THE WORST experience. That really made me question my habit of looking for a best western by default. There was such a mad scramble for breakfast and equipment kept getting turned off due to load issues. The staff was aware and each time the coffee machine or toaster lost power - they would wait for someone to complain and quietly tell then the circuits are overloaded and we have to wait for someone to fix it. Well if breakfast is served in the morning all guests are expected to heavily use all equipment, the facility was causing the mad scramble to multiply - the moment something came on people rushed to it - particularly what seemed like a tourist group on a bus - language issue, scrambling and frankly etiquette of maintaining line and cleanliness was absent.

Staff did nothing to make our stay reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lv_roadtrip_4evr
jason1616, General Manager at Best Western Markland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear LV_roadtripper

Thanks for your recent review on our hotel. I'm very disappointed that you had a bad experience but I will use your review to set a course of action to begin addressing problems with our hotel. All your comments regarding the service and breakfast have been reviewed. You deserve better.

Thanks again for your business and we hope you'll give us another chance in the future,

Jason

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I visited LA area and stayed in this hotel again after more than 2 years. I selected the hotel because I got the best price for the value. It is also convenience for where I need to conduct my business in down town LA .Many good hotel in the downtown area charges more than $200 + a night except some seedy hotel in the skid row. The room was clean and the maid services were excellent. Front desk staff were friendly and very helpful when I asked for direction and recommendations where to get the best Chinese food. Hotel provided free wifi and a free decent breakfast. I enjoyed the use of the business center and the spa. Hotel have some problem with the floor insulation because sometime you can hear people walking on the floor above you. Other than that I was happy with my stay!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor it will be less noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sourdough_11
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We were visiting family in Montebello and Whittier and this hotel was perfectly located for us. The value was great. The room rates were incredibly reasonable and the hotel was well kept. The facility is very clean and comfortable. It's not luxurious, but perfect for folks who plan to be out and about most of the time and really just need a nice clean, comfortable room for the night. The complimentary breakfast was also very good and the jacuzzi was well maintained and comfortably heated. Overall, this hotel is a really great value, especially for folks on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family