“Very good sushi I have to say it one of...”
Review of Taihei Restaurant

Ranked #64 of 181 Restaurants in Monterey Park
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Very good sushi I have to say it one of the best ..very Friendly people got to have it once a week bomb bay....

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Whittier, California
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I love this place. Food is great. Good sushi prepared by a Japanese sushi chef. The only down side is that the place is small and needs updating.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 23 February 2009

This is a small family owned restaurant in a non-descript building. It has a sushi bar and family style tables and booths. The only negative part of this restaurant is the parking, but if you time it right, you can park along Garfield Avenue in front of the restaurant.

My family has been going here for years and it's the same owners. They greet you when you enter and thank you when you leave. Every time I'm in town, I make it a point to eat there.

I never tried the sushi bar, but there's locals that I still see sitting there. I usually order off the menu and the food is still great. This last weekend, I had the chicken teriyaki a la carte, my wife had the sukiyaki bowl and my mother had the salmon-sashimi combination plate. All were excellent.

I don't think out of towners know about this little restaurant, but give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank pomimi