“Lovely ambiance seated in the courtyard.”
Review of Casa Cordoba

Casa Cordoba
Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Montrose
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casa Córdoba presents our Chefs' interpretation of the modern Spanish table based on our trips and culture experiences together in Andalucía, Spain. We use the best local and imported ingredients in our representation of authentic cuisine from Spain. With Spanish restaurants underrepresented in the Los Angeles area, food from Spain may be new to some guests. We describe the cuisine as more European with a Mediterranean flair and Moorish influences. The Spanish table encourages the sharing of tapas and paella among the guests at the table. Our food is served family style. Each dish has its own unique flavor profile which makes the sharing fun. Our paella is always prepared and presented in the paella pan. The Valencian rice is a thin layer to ensure even cooking with the traditional "socarrat," crispy on the bottom. The paellas require high quality local products mixed with imported ingredients which makes the paella expensive to produce. They are always made to order from scratch which is why they take time. We are well known for our Sangrias, both red and white. Our wine selections from Spain represent unique grape varietals. We also offer our chefs' selection of craft beers. We have three dining areas, the outside courtyard and 2 indoor dining rooms. We offer the culture of live Spanish music and flamenco shows as weather and timing permit. Entertainment takes place outside. Please check our website for our entertainment schedule.
Reviewed 3 November 2013

A lovely evening seated in the courtyard with twinkling lights, a guitarist and good friends. What more can you want.! I shared a Paella with a friend which whilst quite tasty didn't quite come up to scratch but everyone else seemed really happy with their choices and having sampled some they were very good. Overall the service was good other than my ordered coffee having been forgotten. I will forgive them that! An enjoyable experience and I would happily return.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Our family brought us there and we really loved it.

A piece of Spain hidding in Montrose on Hollywood street.

Tapas and main course were very good and waiters were very responsive.

A guitar player was also there and music was smooth and very appropriate with the place.

We had a great time.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I first went to this restaurant when it was starting out, just serving breakfast and lunch. It was a rainy day in Montrose and a friend had heard about it and wanted to try it out. We ate inside and decided to try two of their homemade soups. They were delicious! One was the white bean soup with a spicy sausage, the other a tomato vegetable soup. The ambiance was delightful, it is beautifully decorated with pottery and ceramics from Cordoba, Spain. The wait staff was attentive. It was just right for lunch.

My second visit we were able to sit in the courtyard on a warm summer's day. We had planned on eating at another Montrose street side restaurant for brunch, but it was full and we were a large group with two small children. Casa Cordoba had plenty of space in the courtyard with the fountain. Again, our lunch was good (I had soup and a tapas mushroom and egg dish -- a bit more than I needed in food) my husband had a sandwich and said it was good, but he would have liked more. I read that they are now open for dinner, so I am hoping to return and try their dinner menu. Montrose is a great place to eat, there are many friendly restaurants and many have sidewalk dining in the quiet community. But this one, with the courtyard set back from the street, is especially nice for its quiet and ambiance. They are also dog friendly and have water bowls available if you go with your four footed friend. I have not yet taken my dog there, but I plan to.

If you go, be sure to look at their gift shop. They have all sorts, and a wide variety of prices, of pottery from Spain and the city of Cordoba. They don't mind you looking and the designs are beautiful. I may be returning to buy special occasion gifts.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I read some useful reviews but I wanted to have my own experience. In general, I liked the ambiance (seating outdoors in their patio with a colonial fountain with soft background music), the food (pretty close to my previous experience in restaurants in Spain) and the service.

My group agrees the food was pretty good, although paella could have been a little spicier but in general it was enjoyable. We went there on Sunday at 6PM, before sunset. We missed the live guitar player but it was good because it was not crowded, and the soft light with candles made the experience memorable.

We had a four course dinner experience for a birthday celebration. We all gave thumbs up to this little secret spot in Montrose.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is a charming Spanish restaurant in Montrose, which is itself a charming restaurant destination. It is somewhat concealed inside a courtyard, so we had missed it on previous visits. We ate outside next to a bubbling fountain at a tile topped table tucked into a nice private corner. The wine list features many Spanish wines, which we like. We had been disappointed when another Montrose restaurant, Three Drunken Goats, cut back on their Spanish wine offerings. The menu at Casa Cordoba offers a page of Tapas and a page of regular items. We shared three tapas - French bread with tomatoes, empanadas stuffed with beef and chorizo, and beef and chorizo meatballs. All were pretty good, the meatballs best and the empanadas just OK. Service was efficient and friendly, beginning with a small dish of olives and garlic. The cost for three tapas and two glasses a wine was $40, including tax and tip. Not bad for a light meal. We left satisfied but not stuffed. We will definitely return to try the seafood paella. We ate fairly early, so were finished just after a guitarist began to play. They also feature occasional wine tastings and performances (flamenco), which should be interesting.