“Best Dogs Ever”
Review of Sonora Grill

Sonora Grill
Ranked #11 of 230 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have tried many different menu items at Sonora Grill and all are very good; however, the hot dogs are the best I have ever eaten. I was hesitant to order a hot dog at a restaurant because I just do not eat many, maybe 2 a year. The reviews all said this was the thing to have and I could not agree more. The toppings, the dog and the bun all combined into the perfect hot dog. The owners are very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is casual and very nice. If you are in Moreno Valley and want the best hot dog in town do not hesitate to eat here.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I'm not a huge hot dog person, but OMG! This place has the best Sonora Hot Dog. My family and I love to go as a special "treat". It's a small place, but the owner's are very friendly & welcoming. The Carne Asada fries are a delicious treat as well. Looking forward to going again soon!

2  Thank Anna R
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stopped in Sonora Grill on a recent blustery, rain-drenched day and found the cook Rudy just finishing up a batch of his delicious new dish, Jalisco-style "Carne en su Jugo" soup which will certainly put meat on your bones and 'juice' in your blood. Rich with beef trimmings, beans, veggies and tomatillo spices, this hearty item warmed me up fast. It was a hit with everyone in the restaurant. Its a bit 'picante' so you might want your beverage in advance.

As the "Moreno Valley Discovery Restaurant" for 2011, Sonora Grill continues to gain popularity and a following on Facebook and on special football broadcast nights. Don't forget his Sonoran dogs. Check the website and FB page for coupons and specials. Bottom line: Great atmosphere, friendly welcome, good prices and tasty dishes, I very highly recommend Sonora Grill for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

1  Thank MonkeyOnTheWing
Reviewed 2 May 2012

To be honest I never gave much thought to Sonoran Hot Dogs while living in Arizona and frequently visiting Tucson. But on a recent trip to California, a friend said I Have to take you to the Sonoran Grill for a authentic Sonoran Hot Dog. Well let me tell you, it was the best hot dog I have ever had. The bun alone was simply great. Soft, fresh and made on site. The owner of this place has it down! So forget waiting to go to Tucson for the locally reknowned treat, you can get it right here in Southern California and I guarantee whether you're a fan of hot dogs or not, one bite of one of his Sonoran Dogs and you will be hooked.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

What a surprise. Happened by this little shopping mall and the "Sonora Grill" sign caught my eye. Being from Tucson, the birthplace of the Sonoran Dog, I determined that we had to stop and check it out. Well, friends, this guy Rudy, he did it. He blew away the famous "Tucson Sonoran hotdog". As we say in the old pueblo, "he threw himself". For those of you who speak Spanish that's means "se avento!" The dog was great, the jalapeno salza was great and Rudy piled it on for me as I like it hot. And those beans, wow. I tried to get him to give me the recipe but no luck, "its a secret," Rudy said. Well, after I polished off that dog I just had to try a "carne asada" taco on a flour tortilla. Chihuahua, that taco was the best and generous too! I'm telling you, next time I visit your fair city, that Sonora Grill is my first stop. Oh, I almost forgot, the Modelo Especial was the perfect way to polish off that hot dog and that taco. Good luck Rudy and Rosie. That Guero Canelo in Tucson is gonna get jealous when he gets to taste one of your hotdogs.....