“Deserves recognition as Craft Beer Capital of Moreno Valley”
Review of Sonora Grill

Sonora Grill
Ranked #9 of 233 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Reviewed 9 April 2014

With a growing clientele that's practically become a cult following, Sonora Grill celebrates their 3rd Anniversary in Mo Vall this week as a mecca for thirsty inland county patrons seeking the latest in craft beers from the Hangar 24 microbrewery and others. The owners encourage fans of their authentic and tasty Sonoran Hot Dogs to try some of the unusual brews served here. I recently partook an after-hours custom burrito here and washed it down with an ultra-rare Icelandic Einstök White Ale from remote Akureyri on the windy north side of that island nation. It was surprisingly subtle.

Sonora Grill has upgraded and expanded all their beverage lines and will make you nearly any "off menu" custom dish to go with it. Food-to-go is a specialty. An enthusiastic sports crowd tends to take over on Thursday nights but despite all the excitement, this locale remains a family-friendly location. Parking is tight at lunchtime, especially when Sonora Grill crowds with firefighters, who often favor the friendly atmosphere and service.

Bottom line: Step in for fun food and a rare brew you won't forget. They usually close by 8pm but will stay open for special events and private parties. I highly recommend Sonora Grill.

3  Thank MonkeyOnTheWing

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were passing through Moreno Valley and I searched Trip Advisor for the top restaurants and this is rated #3. The hot dog is the BEST I have ever had and I love hot dogs! Don't be put off by the ambience (or rather the total lack thereof) because it is well worth the stop. Rudy was very friendly and we will definately make this a stop whenever we are in Moreno Valley!

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

So my husband and I finally decided to try this place. We had seen it advertised in the "Your Villa" magazine. Who doesn't love a bacon wrapped hot dog. I gotta say I loved the decor of the place. It was small but nice and clean. We had the "heartbreaker" which is basically a huge angus beef version of the "Sonora" dog. We also had the "super fries" with carne asada and a carne asada torta. The food was delicious and very affordable. We will be going back again for sure.

1  Thank MariaRod
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Never disappointed when eating here. The hot dogs are amazing but do not hesitate to try their other fairs. One of our favorites when eating here is their Chili Verde.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have tried many different menu items at Sonora Grill and all are very good; however, the hot dogs are the best I have ever eaten. I was hesitant to order a hot dog at a restaurant because I just do not eat many, maybe 2 a year. The reviews all said this was the thing to have and I could not agree more. The toppings, the dog and the bun all combined into the perfect hot dog. The owners are very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is casual and very nice. If you are in Moreno Valley and want the best hot dog in town do not hesitate to eat here.