“Hotel from Hell”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
Moreno Valley, California
“Hotel from Hell”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I made reservations weeks in advance, for a pet friendly hotel. When we arrived our room wasn't reserved and they didn't know anything about the dogs. They only had it booked for one occupancy, wasn't clear about pet deposit. They would only give us one key, and only gave us one ticket for breakast and told us we would have to pay 10 dollars a day for a lousy breakfast. Then, six weeks into the stay ( we were staying long term for work), they tell us we had to pay 10 dollars a day or 100 dollars a week. Why it was more for a week than daily still boggles my mind. The hotel staff was very hostile during the stay and especially during this period. They charged my credit card 600 dollars without authorization. They were never able to get our wake up calls correct, they were either non existent or incorrect times. This overall was a horrible experience and we breathed a huge sigh of relief upon arriving at a friendly hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Darrell D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are spacious. The WiFi works when it wants to depending what room you stay in. The tubs usually have hair left in them. Most staff is friendly. Air works great. Breakfast is ok. I stay here often and think it is average. If you are a female the gardeners stare at you.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Shannon F
La Paz, Mexico
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I am a traveling nurse, very neat and clean, gone all day. I checked in with my two dogs, and was told there was $100 deposit for the dogs. OK, I didn't like it, but I gave her my credit card. (I would be here for 13 weeks) They then put us in a room with a carpet. OK, to make a long story short, after 6 weeks, they suddenly tell me I owe $600 and I had hidden my dogs from them! They had never charged my credit card $100. Now they are saying I shouldn't be in a room with a carpet and I should pay $200 because I didn't register my dogs! The staff was almost joyful that they could kick us out! I was surprised that the owner would rather have the room empty than have it occupied for 8 more weeks. Also, the breakfast is fake eggs, salty sausage patties and dry cereal. The waffles aren't bad. The pool was closed by the health department because the hotel didn't put any chlorine in it. Two women were fighting with their fists outside our room one night, I called the front desk and they never did anything about it. Babies with diapers were allowed in the hot tub. TVs have terrible reception, although they are nice flat screen. You have to beg for extra towels and toilet paper and the rooms are never dusted. You can't even use the local phone with out giving up your credit card, and to get into the work out room, you have to get a key from the front desk which is changed every day. Also, to get breakfast you have to wait at the front desk to get a pass. I compare the treatment here to airport security!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LeslieD572
Sutter, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

First of all we booked using the 800 number. We requested 2 rooms, 2 Queen beds. We got the confirmation numbers. Got to the hotel at 10 p.m. Only one room was booked. The desk people (2 of them) argued with us. Finally we just asked for another room and they gave us one. A professional would have gone there first.

They asked how many to a room. We said 3 in one, 4 in the other. Then they informed us that there was an extra charge for anyone over 2. No mention of that on the 800 #. It was 10 p.m. and we were all tired other wise this would have been a good time to walk away. They asked how many keys. I said 4 keys. The desk clerk became snippy...again and informed me that if we did not "turn in all of the keys" my card would be charged "a fee". I never had anyone go there before.

We got to the rooms. No Queen beds only full size. This was a Best Western! I called downstairs and was informed that this hotel has ONLY full size beds. Then we went into one of the bathrooms. There was hair in the bath tub! When I came out my mother asked me if i had used the hand towel over the sink. I had not. It was crumpled and dirty! I called downstairs. Desk clerk told me no one was available from housekeeping but she would send "Security" up with clean towels. I asked about the tub..who was going to clean it? No answer. Finally a repeat of housekeeping was gone for the night.

Meanwhile in room two....The fire alarm was chirping. They called downstairs. The desk clerk told them that they could come down and get a battery. Yep...fix it yourself. My sister said no, you need to fix it and besides it is a10 foot ceiling how are we supposed to get up there...pull up a chair? Well, surprise, maintenance was gone for the night. My sister said we cannot sleep with this going off. They said they would send "Security" up with a battery and a ladder. Sure enough "Security" came to the door with a ladder and a battery. "Security" was maybe 5 foot, weighed probably 200+ pounds and had a battery and 2 step, step stool that he started to hand to my cousin. She said no, you need to fix it. He looked at her blankly and finally said in very broken English..."me?" and pointed up with another questioning look. My cousin said yes and he reluctantly climbed the two step, step stool and changed the battery.

The next morning our "free breakfast" was accompanied by a guard at the door to check your voucher, room key and to make sure you did not leave with any food.

Writing this, it sounds a bit funny. It was not nearly so at 10-11 p.m. after a 10+ hour day of driving.

Obviously our experience was different than others. My opinion and the opinion of the 6 others in our group....Do not...I repeat, do not, stay at this hotel. It looks great from the outside, but be not deceived. We were treated badly, the hotel was a mess and we received no apology much less any compensation for all of the poor treatment and the poor quality of the rooms.

Room Tip: Remember, according to the front desk, there are only full beds in this hotel. Check your tub and t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marsha953
Brawley, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

the lady at the desk was very nice and greeted us. we walked to our room and saw the nice pool and spa area. i changed into some clothes and went to the fitness area where it was nice as well. the landscaping was beautiful and you felt like you were at some extremely expensive place. theres also places and a mall that is walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

34 Thank Debra C
Pomona, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our stay at the hotel was GREAT! The staff was friendly and the breakfast was awesome. We really enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable. The area was new and quite, close to freeway and near by fast food dinning. We also had a balcony with new view, two flat screen TVs, microwave, fridge, coffee make and hair dyer. I loved our stay at this hotel will stay again if I'm ever in the area. I would recommend this hotel. Very nice, clean and best of all very affordable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
37 Thank Cristina G
Aztec, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

First the good:
Nice big room. Two flat screen TVs. Normal microwave, fridge, coffee maker, etc. King size beds are firm and comcortable.

The odd:
The ceiling could use work; there is a gap between the drywall and a lighting fixture in room 214. You can't take the stairs from the ground floor up (the door is designed to not be opened from outside the stairs). You can take the stairs down.

The bad:
As others have noted the hotel is right across (about 75 feet) from a busy freeway. The elevator paperwork says its inspection expired in 2012 (we're now in June 2014).

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn Moreno Valley near March Air Reserve Base
Holiday Inn Express Moreno Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Moreno Valley
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside

Been to Best Western Moreno Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!