“Second (generally positive) stay”

Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Morgan Hill
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Each time the staff has been helpful and the rooms predictably good. The hotel is easy to find and within a short distance of San Jose. Except for the coffee and yogurt, the breakfast is worth skipping.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed here when we were too tired to continue driving back from San Fransisco to Santa Maria, Ca. We arrived at 9 p.m. with two toddlers and were given a room on the second floor. I had to do some laundry so I left my Husband and CHildren int he room and walked to the laundry facility in the hotel. There was a woman and a man physically fighting and yelling at the elevator so I decided to wait and go back into the room. I was extremely tired so I layed down on the bed and almost threw up. THERE WAS A MAGGOT. I immediately called the front deska nd she came right up and collected the maggot in a bag and aplogized. SHe even said, "I wouldnt want to stay here if I was you!" It was 10 p.m. and so we really didnt have a choice at that point...unfortunately. So we opted for a suite on the 1st floor. All looked good and I went back and put my laundry in the washer. Came back down to my 3 year old screaming...THERE WAS A PINCHER BUG IN HIS BED. I called the front desk and let her know and she said that there was no more available rooms and sent us a bottle of apple cider to "make up" for the incident. She was very nice but the bg situation is ridiculous. Upon check out, we were given a room upgrade coupon for our next visit...in which we will NOT be using.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ealcala84
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Nice hotel but a bit far out of town if you are on a bike as I was. Pretty good Vietnamese restaurant across the street in shopping center (can't remember the name).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I picked this Holiday Inn due to the Trip Advisor Reviews - likley a mistake. Perhaps it was a bad evening, but it started poorly at checkin - where the very youthful agent was abrupt, hard to talk to, and in more of a hurry to get back to her back room to do whatever. I was given a room right over the lobby and asked for a change, but was told that the lobby rooms are not really that bad. Well - the sound carries straight up to the 2nd floor rooms and was quite annoying in the evening until late and in the morning for the buffet style breakfast. One could hear the TV blaring blatantly from below, even with the AC on. The room was passable, nothing special. I used the automatic alarm setting from the phone - and was never called. The regular clock was broken but fortunately I woke up on my own in time. The breakfast though was good, with a nice selection.
I will not be returning again - I stay at Holiday Inns quite often and this was probably the least favorable experience I've had.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid the rooms above the breakfast area lobby - quite noisy. The rooms far away from the ch...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed here for one night before driving to San Francisco Airport. The Hotel is quite new. The rooms are quite large and clean. Breakfast is Ok but nothing fancy. The receptionist was not quite acquainted with the neighborhood.

Since people and families tend to leave this hotel rather early to drive to one the airports it can get noisy early in the morning. Our room was quite near to the central lobby and suffered from some early morning disturbances. So you might want to ask for a room at the end of the hallways rather than in or close to central lobby.

Also there was a somewhat annoying sound from other rooms air conditionings and the inn room refrigerator was extremely loud.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The management of this hotel is excellent. Besides the hotel being clean, the staff being friendly and the accommodations being exactly what we needed; our entire family and 80 guests were thrilled with the service and quality of the stay. Our daughter's wedding was in the San Martin area and we chose Holiday Inn Express for it's proximity and could not be more pleased.
The manager made true on every promise, created a friendly, home environment for our guests and added greatly to our overall joy of the week end.
We would recommend this location and property if you are staying ANYWHERE in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jacklam
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Convenient. Good night's sleep quiet even though our room faced dining area. Possibly more noisy if on first floor near dining tables... Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor.Customer Service was very good. Hotel clean with some minor blemishs. Evening food was pleasant. Morning food adequate. Pool area smaller but nice.

• Stayed: September 2011
#5 of 13 in Morgan Hill
Courtyard San Jose South/Morgan Hill
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgan Hill/San Jose Area
Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!