“Always reliable”

Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Morgan Hill
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Lately, my husband and I have been staying at Holiday Inn Express when we travel, and we were pleased with our room, the service, and the complementary breakfast. The hotel is currently renovating its entryway, but the lobby area was comfortable. We stayed here two nights during our Rose Bowl trip.

Room Tip: The hotel is near a mushroom processing plant. As a result, the outdoor smell can be pretty strong...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryJZemper
David D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Hello Mary,

It is great to hear that you and your husband had a great stay. We hope you come back and see our remodeled Great room. Over the next several weeks we will have some new toys; fireplace, water feature, artwork and 80", 70" and 65" TV's in the Atrium and Winery Rooms. I guess the 48" LED in the suites won't seem as big.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I know I can trust Holiday Inn express to be a clean, pleasant experience and this one lived up to those expectations. I was especially struck by the open-garden interior as being very welcoming. I was on my way from home to Southern California and it was late when I stopped in on a Friday night. Keeping my fingers crossed that there was something available, the young man at the front desk was very helpful and provide my key to a room very quickly. I loved the room. It was on the ground floor and around the corner from a door to the parking lot. It was convenient, and quiet. If and when I make a similar trip again, I will make it a point to stop here and request room 118. Minimal walking with luggage, just a few steps away from a free breakfast and abundant coffee first thing in the morning. In short, a great experience.

Room Tip: As I said in my review - room 118 is a single king, quiet, with a door to the parking lot just a few...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Charlayne C
David D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Hello Charlayne,

We are glad that you loved your room. The new indoor plantings that you enjoyed are a small part of some amazing changes in the atrium and lobby that are in the works for the next couple months. We look forward to showing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Awsome breakfast with many choices and various fruits, clean rooms, really nice staff, great amenities including indoor pool and a sauna, speedy check out, the town was really nice and clean, stopped there on my way to San Francisco and fell in love with the town, looking forward to visit one day again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Danny00782
David D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hi Danny00782,

It is great to hear that you fell in love with Morgan Hill. We hope your SF trip was equally good.
We are appreciative of your high marks regarding great service and cleanliness coupled with a variety of food which are our key hallmarks. We will share your comments with our entire staff.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My previous stay in Morgan Hill at another popular chain hotel brought down my expectations. I chose to try this one now and was satisfied with my decision. It is an old property which seems to have been taken over by Holiday Inn and given a face lift. The suits are very spacious and well maintained. New LCD TVs, latest iHome stations, decent couch and other furniture give the rooms a contemporary look.

I also had a good view to the mountains.

Bathroom fittings are all new and neatly maintained.

Breakfast is also pretty decent. I could not resist their unique cinnamon rolls every morning accompanied by fresh egg variants and a good selection of joghurt. Mon-Thurs the hotel also offers manager's reception where you can treat yourself with some local wine or beer with some finger food for free.
Well located right at the Dunne Av exit of US 101 and surrounded by nice food joints, pharmacy, safeway and fuel stations.

• Stayed: November 2013
David D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Hello Deepak,

I am glad that you gave our Morgan Hill community another look and that we were able to meet your expectations. Our property has a unique design and we are always updating as you had noticed. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Morgan Hill.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'm on my first night out of three nights stay. Despite the hotel being 100% smoke free for two years according to the front desk, the first two rooms I was placed in stunk horribly of cigarette smoke and air freshener. The desk clerk had no idea which rooms were residually smokey (although she did acknowledge other guests complaints), and there were only a few rooms available. The third and last available room was still overpowered by air freshener (perfume sensitives beware!) but does not smell overtly smokey. The hassle of having to switch rooms three times after traveling for two days and paying $125 a night for a stinky room has really lowered my option of HIE after years of great experiences. To say that your hotel is smoke free and to have it smell so terribly was a huge disappointment.

Despite booking our wedding party rooms in advance we were spread out in the hotel, on different floors, which is unfortunate. We chose to get extra rooms and spread out thinking we'd be placed together.

The rooms are well decorated and laid out, the managers reception and staff are nice but because of the smokey rooms I certainly won't be booking here in the future and now know to ask if my 100% smoke free rooms have always been that way.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Suesky,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have to say this place is the best hotel in the area. Clean, new workout gear, GREAT manager's reception with beer/wine/apps, hot and cold breakfast in morning, and perfect place for events /meetings. I brought my kids with me during the week and we had a blast in the pool/hot tub.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the master suite if you can...perfect for a family who needs privacy in evening
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank mischa m
David D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Hi Mischa,

I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great stay with us. I agree that the Master Suite and apartment really make a difference for privacy and extra room.

Of note, our two queen bed rooms are oversized as well with a customized chair bed accommodating a family of five without having to get an additional room or the apartment.

We are excited to announce that we are adding a privacy curtain to some Junior Suites (one room) so adults can stay up with the lights on while kids go to sleep.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a week. I was in a training so this hotel was near to the training center I was going to.

The breakfast its ok (american breakfast), my room was clean every day and the WiFi service is good for sending mails and keeping update. Also, the shuttle service is on time, which is very cool.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JennyCeballos

Hi Jenny,

A week can be a long time away from home. I am glad that you had a great stay.
We are always open to new ideas for our breakfast bar. The locally grown fresh fruit and freshly baked pastries from San Francisco were inspired from guest comments. We hope you will visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morgan Hill
Comfort Inn Morgan Hill
#5 of 13 in Morgan Hill
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgan Hill/San Jose Area
Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!