“This place is dirty!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Morgan Hill
Germany
“This place is dirty!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

-Sheets were useds (Smelled from mens perfume and had haires on it)
-Towels had al kinds of different colored spots on them and didn´t smell fresh
-Room and bathroom weren´t clean at all there was dust and mold in every corner

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter512

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Marina, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

I should have known not to stay here this past week considering I stayed at this very hotel 2 years ago and experienced the exact same situation - BED BUGS!

Two years ago my then boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel and while I personally did not experience any BED BUG bites - my boyfriend did. He was covered and when I say covered - I mean covered with bites. He went to the hospital not knowing at the time what the bites where from. The hospital informed us that he has experience severe BED BUG bites and prescribed him antibotics and a sterroid cream. It was awful! We informed the older gentleman at the front desk and he offered to move us to another room; we moved to another room and had the same problem.

On Sept 21, 2011 (two years later) - my husband and I checked into this hotel. While I knew of my previous experience with the bug problem here - I assumed they had taken care of the problem seeing that it was two years later - NOT! We checked into Room 116 and on the first night I was biten by BED BUGS and immediately knew that the problem still exist. There were only a couple of bites so I decided to tough it out - only because the hotel was within our budget. After a few more days at the hotel the bites got worse. The older gentleman at the front desk moved us to Room 120. I washed all of our clothes, moved the bed into the middle of the floor, and purchased some BED BUG spray in hopes of fixing the bug problem our room. At 1:30am we were awakened by bugs biting us. At this point I had had enough. We called the front desk to inform them that we could no longer stay there and begin packing our things. We took pictures of the bugs crawling in the bed, on the sides of the mattress and all over the pillows. The older man came into the room to check things out and "appeared" to be surprised but I knew was aware of the bug problem that his hotel has had for two years now. He offered to give us our money back for that day only and we couldn't get out of there fast enough.

PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE.... THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM BUT APPARENTLY IS NOT WILLING TO SPEND THE NECESSARY MONIES TO FIX IT..... If you stay here - EXPECT to be bitten all over your body from BED BUGS...

Sorry for the long story short but I am truly concerned about all future guest and plan to take action against this. No one should have to be subjected to this - its cruel to treatment to know that there is a serious bug problem in the hotel and still allow guest to stay there - knowing they will be bitten by BED BUGS!

Room Tip: Both rooms had Bed Bugs: Room 116 and Room 120
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank StayA712
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

Fairly decent for a short stay (one or two nights). Paid less than $40/night. Has everything you expect from motel chains like Motel 6. Front desk staff speak shaky English. Internet speed was fine. Room was clean and recently renovated I think. Bed was clean and comfy. TV was awkwardly positioned high up on a mount and it was a tube-TV which made me think twice every time I wanted to cross under it!

For the price, there's little to complain about.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2009

User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by Terri 11/07/2009
This place is beyond rediculous. First of all they cant understand proper english. I made a reservation online through expedia for this place and many other hotels because I was driving across country. For some reason they decided to charge my credit card a month ahead of time. I called explaining that they shouldnt charge someone until they actually stay at the hotel. I ended up canceling the reservation, 2 days before the actual date, and they still charged me a full night because I didnt cancel 3 days ahead of time. Rediculous, every single other hotel or motel says you must cancel 24 hours ahead of time and there will be no penalty, but I guess this place does anything to make some money.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank calicowgirl1700
Visalia, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2008

It was my first visit to the Economy Inn, and I found it to be a surprise. After reading the reviews here, I expected worse, but I'd put it right up there with inexpensive motel chains, like Motel 6, EconoLodge, and Vagabond Inn.

A bit of a drive to find it, because it is not on any main road, but the country setting may be to your liking. The desk person was kind and interesting to talk to. The room with queen-size bed was average size but clean, well-painted, and with niceties like granite countertops, tiled bathroom floors, double-paned windows, a microwave oven, a large mini-fridge, and an available washing machine and dryer. A few spots on the carpet and noise from the nearby truck operations; however, those truck noises ceased after midnight. There were no dressers or closets in which to store clothes and other items. One painting on the wall was the sole decoration. Overall, I'd rate Economy Inn tied with Motel 6, with EconoLodge at the top and Vagabond Inn at the bottom of the inexpensive motel chains.

• Liked — the conveniences like microwave oven and mini-fridge and of course, the good price
  • Disliked — the noises coming from the nearby truck farm
  • Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

Overall satisfaction - Very low
I stayed at this hotel while attending the Gilroy Garlic Festival. The room was clean, but other than that, it was very unsatisfactory. The air conditioning didn't work very well at all. It looked like someone had taken a baseball bat to it. The towels in the bathroom were very thin, and extremely small. The sheet on the bottom mattress was a flat sheet, not fitted, and it came off during the night.
There weren't nearly all the ammenities that are listed for it. No iron, or ironing board.
I would not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Can't think of anything
  • Disliked — The air conditioner didn't work.
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank barbkaren29
Medford, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

I needed a hotel for one night before the Gilroy Garlic Festival, and needless to say EVERYTHING was sold out for miles around Gilroy... except Economy Inn.

The hotel itself has a very "Bates Motel"ish vibe when you drive up, and there were tons of work trucks in the parking lot that tended to take up all the available parking spots either because they were parked in them, or because their trucks were so big they blocked other available spots.

Upon check-in, we were greeted by an Indian gentleman who was nice enough, but who could barely speak English. It took about 15 minutes to get through the check-in process, and the first 5 minutes of it was trying to get him to understand that I already had a reservation booked, and wasn't looking for an open room... He gave us 2 gel candles at the end of our check-in experience, which was very nice of him, but a little strange overall. Note: Not small cute gel candles... big glass ones with flowers inside them... Gel + Airplanes? Not so much!

So the experience really didn't get better from there. The room was a Non-Smoking room, but there was a definite cigarette smoke odor to the room that was terrible (Gel candles to cover up the smell, maybe?) and the carpet was disgusting. The shower curtain was mildewed and stained, with sticky brown stuff on the inside of the curtain. There was also short and curly hairs left on the toilet seat.

I'm not kidding about this - we actually went to Rite Aid and purchased Lysol and Air Freshener, and contemplated sleeping in the car. We didn't shower or take our shoes off in the room.

The plus side - the bed sheets seemed to be the cleanest thing in the room, and there was a microwave and mini fridge. Also, close driving distance to lots of restaurants and shopping. Important, because you won't want to be in your room any more than absolutely necessary!

I'm not a picky high-maintenance person, and this was even more than I could handle.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
#6 of 13 in Morgan Hill
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgan Hill/San Jose Area
BEST WESTERN PLUS Forest Park Inn
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill

Been to Economy Inn Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!