California Inn
Hotels.com
US$118
Courtyard
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2013

A dirty, filthy, smelly, disgusting pig pen doesn't begin to describe this place!! I was assigned a room, reassigned to another room then reassigned still another room. In summary, I found soiled bandages on the bathroom floor and an inoperative shower in one room; in another there was dried puke on the wall, on a lamp shade, on the bedding and the floor. Food stuffs and spider webs were found in a variety of location throughout the room; the bathroom smelt like a urinal. This place is sickening. I recommend 500 gallons of gasoline and a book of matches. I wish I could give it less than one star. What's even worse? The desk desk staff seemed uninterested.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ehw455
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Filthy and incredibly outdated. Holes in walls, and dried blood on one wall in bathroom. No fitted sheet on the pathetic bed, so if you move a bit in your sleep you wake up on a bare mattress. Substance splattered on headboard with several different types of hairs and dirt adhering to it. While staring at the headboard in horror, a bug crawled across it, no joke. The shower had 2 tiny streams kind of machine gunning out of the shower head at random intervals, and there was no curtain so the floor turned into a lake after my 5 minute shower. Stack of 6 gross mattresses in parking space outside, and creepy tweakers in the lot. Cigarette burns in blanket. I sound like an idiot for not leaving immediately, which I would normally do, but it was late, I was exhausted, had my exhausted dog with me, and didnt experience the headboard, bug, and blood until right before bed. All of morgan hill booked for some reason, but I really should have slept in the car. But wait...the tweakers...yuck- please don't ever ever stay here. Oh, and there is also a list in the room warning you of the charges for each item they expect you to steal. I bet alot of people steal the list :)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Rigggles
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews, as I actually had a good stay at this hotel. I had been looking for a cheap, simple hotel close to the Sports Complex but I got more than I expected. My room included both a fridge and a microwave, which was perfect because there's a Safeway (among other things) less than a mile away which is open 24 hours. The free WiFi worked well enough for me to stream video in the evenings (didn't try the TV), and the shower was perfectly fine. Check-in and check-out were speedy; both employees that I dealt with at the front desk were kind. I normally get lost ALL the time when I travel in strange cities, but I found the drive from SJC airport to this hotel to be incredibly easy. (Note: there's no elevator up to the second floor, which didn't bother me but seemed to bug the group checking in just before me.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

One of the worst Quality Inns in the USA. Only stayed here since the Americas Cup made it impossible to stay in SF. Big mistake! Bad service, rude, old, smelly, no hot water, stinky, sticky, old, insecure. The parking lot is a tourist trap where you may easily get mugged. Back doors won't close. Awful!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Do yourself a favor lots of hotels in area stay somewhere else. Rooms were filthy. stains on walls, lamp shades and carpeting. Bathroom in need of repair. Bed linens were soiled and torn, towels were thread bare and stained. Light bulbs out in many fixtures. Trash from previous guest still on floor and in furniture. Continental breakfast was a joke and staff very rude. swimming pool was not maintaned and hot tub not working. I was locked out of my room almost every day and had to go down to desk each time to have my key reset, an inconvenience, however, a simple apology would have been nice. My family and I visit Morgan Hill at least 2 x a year and usually stay at Comfort Inn up the street I should have done so again.

Room Tip: find a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family