All reviewswaffleswaffle makergreat managementlight switchesdesk staffdecent priceother hotelspleasant staywould stay againupon checkthe breakfast areafreewayashgilroykeyshiltonremote
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Nothing remarkable about this hotel. Over priced because of a motorcycle race being held 75 miles away, but nobody twisted my arm or held a gun to my head to make me stay here. It was everything you'd expect a hotel room to be, clean sheets, comfortable bed, noisy neighbors, so so breakfast, not very friendly front desk. I just wish I had known about the Microtel next door. Oh well, ya live and learn. It's average, nothing more, no less.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Our flight was late into SFO. We finally got our car and headed south on 101 towards Monterey. We drove about 45 min and realized how tired we were so we pulled off the Morgan Hill exit looking for a hotel. We saw a Ramada Inn and a Comfort Inn and opted for the Comfort Inn. We pulled in and it looked full however they had a few rooms left. The front desk person named Larry checked us in. Once he gave us a key, he offered to come to the back of the hotel and open the door for us so we would not have to walk as far. We asked him about a map to Monterey and he offered to draw a map for us. Once we entered our room, it was a nice clean room with a whirlpool tub and a comfortable bed. It met or exceeded our expectations. Kudos to Larry for helping us out at midnight and making our check in a little easier!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed here while travelling for one night and it was a fine hotel. The breakfast in the morning was nearly gone when we got there but the rooms were good.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

A small Comfort Inn, but a good place to stay the night. We used this place to stay the night for the Garlic Festival in Gilroy. The rooms are like a min suite, nice. Clean place and parking is very easy. Not much in the general area, but that was OK for us. We still were able to walk in the area. The only problem was the breakfast, it is stocked but less than other Comfort Inns and the seating area is very very small. You are able to make a waffle,.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My family stayed here on a trip to Gilroy Gardens--which is a wonderful place for families with young kids. The hotel was clean and quiet. The manager was on duty when we checked in. He was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area.

The pool was small, but fine for our family. The room was larger than average, and our two oldest boys shared the second queen bed while the little boy had his pack-n-play with plenty of room.

The breakfast was limited but good. Free wifi was a plus.

Only negative--the young lady working the desk in the morning would not get off the phone to check me out, so I wrote her a note to get on my way.

Overall--clean, good sized rooms, very good value for the price. I'd come back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family