“Very Nice Experience”

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Nice Experience”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Sue is a amazing person. She take care of each of her cliens. Always happy, always smiling and ready to help beginners...

Visited February 2014

San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nothing beats a ride in the desert at Sunset!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My 9 year old daughter and I had a fantastic ride with Sue and her wonderful, well mannered and sweet-natured horses: BB, Bridger and Hank! Not to mention, the Hank the dog, a perfect companion during our 2 hour tour at Sunset. I'm sure the morning ride is also amazing, but my kiddo and I are just not morning folks. What a fantastic experience! Sue makes sure you are safe yet doesn't press on a lot of the unnecessary 'rules' that keep you on pins and needles hoping you don't 'mess up'. She knows her horses, and you can tell all of the animals are cared for with the utmost love and respect. The result is that you feel completely calm, relaxed and comfortable with your kin and self in the saddle - so that you can enjoy the ride and take in the beautiful surroundings of the desert. I highly recommend the sunset, 2 hour tour! Definitely the highlight of our trip!

p.s. Her "petting zoo" is just icing on the cake!

p.p.s. Trust the directions on the website. Do not try to be tricky and "Google map" intersections in the directions. Google doesn't know where Rawson is. Seriously. Trust the directions and know that when you get on Rawson, you will be on uneven unpaved road until you reach the house. Pass the place with horses on the white gate and it will be soon there on the left. Have fun!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Claire U
Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“wonderful cowboy riding”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Yesterday, my kids and i went on a two hour ride guided by Sue (5 of us). The kids had a ball! just 30 minutes from downtown Palm Springs, a wonderful way to experience the high desert. and its just 15 miles from Joshua Tree so you could combine the two if you wanted to make a entire day of it. Sue has a wonderful setup - her horses were just spunky enough to give the kids a good time and tame enough to make me feel safe and secure. She has a wonderful attitude and obviously knows her stuff. The stables are so well maintained and her knowledge vast. She kept us well informed and entertained on our ride. a really fun thing to do as part of our vacation. Glad we did it!

Visited February 2013
surrey
“Excellent Trek”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

A really fantastic place to go horseriding. My husband and I decided to go for the 2 hour private ride and immediately fell in love with our horses, Bridger and Big Boy (BB) two beautiful animals. The horses are extremely well cared for and it was apparent that Sue, the owner is devoted to her animals. We have been on many treks throughout our travels in different parts of the world and I have to say this topped it all for us. The views were fabulous and Sue was great company pointing out interesting things about the desert. The facilities at the ranch were extremely well catered and we would recommend novice or experienced riders to try for themselves - you won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, GA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Sue was fantastic with the kids”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had a great time with Sue at Coyote Ridge. One of our girls decided not to go on the trail ride and Sue spent some extra time with her after the ride just walking her around the yard on a gentle horse to get her used to riding. She then took our daughters down to collect eggs from the chickens and introduced them to the goats, sheep and llama's at the stable. The ride itself was terrific. It started on the unpaved back roads but we were soon out in the quiet desert. The horses were perfect for my daughters (11 and 7) - gentle, senior horses that were in no hurry. This is one of the best experiences my daughters have ever had on horses. Thanks Sue!

Visited April 2012