“Good time”
Review of Crazy Horse Ranch

Crazy Horse Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: The Crazy Horse Ranch offers private natural horsemanship horseback riding tours, lessons and clinics. This is not the typical nose-to-tail ride - our tours are fun and educational amid breathtaking desert scenery. This is a true equine experience. We also offer a beautiful venue for kids' camps, parties, barbecues, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and more.
Anaheim, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good time”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our time at the Crazy Horse Ranch. The horses and cats stole my heart. We had a great horse ride Jacklyn is very nice and smart she knows her animals. She taught us a lot and this was a real horse ride. The price was very good I looked around and for a private ride this was the best price I found. Also she rescues the animals so not only are you having a good time your helping a good cause. I would defiantly visit again if I am in the Palm Springs/Morongo Valley area and maybe even stay at her B&B.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ash G

New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“horse lovers gem”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

this is a real ranch, not a cheesy tourist trap with heads-down horses. jacklyn works with rescue horses (some) and returns them to 'air touch'. i have always ridden western which is quite disrespectful of horses, with all the pulling and kicking them when they really are so articulate if not treated poorly. i always left a good gratuity towards the upkeep as anyone taking on rescue animals also takes on quite a financial burden, too. loved the cabin, excellent coffee with cinnamon, eggs from her own hens, could hear the horses knickering in the night and beyond that, just peace of the desert. she adapted lessons to what i wanted to learn - brushing, how to move around them, riding naturally. hope to return!

Visited October 2012
5 Thank Tallulah M
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Outstanding! I will be returning!”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I loved every moment of being at Crazy Horse Ranch. I am not American and the chance to spend some days staying on a ranch was such a thrill for me.
Jacklyn was amazing and cared for my friend and I every step of the way. She was kind and patient and an amazing horse woman. What a relief to ride somewhere that the horses are not deadened trail horses. This is why I chose to come. I wanted to ride rather just sit on a horse.
The horses are so gentle and sweet at the ranch. I feel in love with many of them and having had a fear of horses in the past was surprised at how relaxed I felt there. The riding was awesome. Through trails. I loved it.
My friend and I stayed in the beautiful accommodation cabins. What a treat to stay in such nice accommodation on the ranch.

There is no question I will come back here again. I loved it and feel like Palm Springs now has a piece of my heart.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Pukuchick
Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Highlights of my anniversary trip”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I absolutely had the best horse riding experience with Jackie. She is thorough and kind. The horses are beautiful and very mellow for beginners. We had a private tour in the canyon for 2 hrs, which costs us total of $220 including tip. The mountains are breath taking. The trip is so relaxing and enjoyable. She also has 3 nice cabins to rent range from $75/night to $115/night. So many rescued animals are happy and friendly to visitors. We'll definitely visit again and likely stay with her next time.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank giggleuma
Sussex
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“enjoyed horse riding in palm springs”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I chose the Crazy horse ranch as it was recommend on the Palm Springs activities website. I have never been to a horse ranch before so have nothing to compare to but really enjoyed the trail here.
First of all it is down an unmarked road that is a bit hard to find even with a satnav so give yourself plenty of journey time. When we arrived we found it to be very laid back as there was no one to greet us apart from a young girl (Jackie’s grandchild). She started giving us forms to sign and we thought it was all a bit strange but then Jackie came out to greet us.
Jackie knows a lot about horses and the ranch and the horses are very well kept. We thought it was strange when she said most people do not wear helmets as I would have thought most places would make you wear one. We would not be going fast on the horses so we agreed not to wear one.
Jackie taught us how to get onto the horse individually and explained about the different types of riding etc before we started.
The trail was great, some lovely scenery, Jackie made sure she stopped and took photos of us with our camera. Jackie’s grandchild came with us (she asked if that would be ok) even though she was young she is an experienced horse rider and it was nice to have her along with us too. I think we paid the advertised $45 per person for the hour and an extra $10 each as a tip. An hour was long enough in the desert heat.
I did feel safe without a helmet however back at the ranch my horse did run towards a tree and my hat came off on to a tree branch so would recommend children wear helmets just to be safe.
I would defiantly recommend a horse riding experience while in palm springs.

Visited August 2011