“A wonderful day on horseback”
Review of Crazy Horse Ranch

Crazy Horse Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: The Crazy Horse Ranch offers private natural horsemanship horseback riding tours, lessons and clinics. This is not the typical nose-to-tail ride - our tours are fun and educational amid breathtaking desert scenery. This is a true equine experience. We also offer a beautiful venue for kids' camps, parties, barbecues, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and more.
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Our family comes to the Palm Springs area a couple of times each year. We have long talked about going horseback riding in the region and finally found the time today to do it. After looking into the various options, we decided on Crazy Horse Ranch because we were intrigued by the philosophy of the owner, Jacklyn, who takes a natural approach to training horses. We were also very impressed with the idea that the ranch was a horse rescue facility.

The car ride up to Morongo Valley was breathtaking and worth every mile to get to the Ranch. When we arrived, the horses were ready for our arrival. Jacklyn was very patient and great with every member of our party. She spent some time talking about communicating with the horses and how to ride them safely. Having been on a good number of trail rides, I have to say that this was the best introduction to horses and trail riding that I have every received. Our entire party felt very comfortable and in quite capable hands. We found a good rate for the ride through PalmSprings.com ($45/hr). This is an excellent deal and there were no issues with that rate when we arrived. If there was ever an issue with helmets at this facility, it is not an issue now. There were helmets, in good condition and adjustable, for all members of our party.

The trail ride itself was very relaxing and unhurried. The landscape, Jacklyn herself as guide and the patient horses created a wonderful trail ride experience. Our daughter owns a horse and had a number of questions for Jacklyn about natural horse training (she is classically trained in English riding) and Jacklyn spent about an hour entertaining her questions and providing constructive advice. She is very excited about having some new skills to take home and work on with her horse. Truly, we cannot wait to go back the next time we are in the area. If you are in the desert area, please give Jacklyn a call. You will have a wonderful horseback riding experience to cherish for years to come.

2  Thank MarniW519
"soul"
"human"
"wildlife"

Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our time at the Crazy Horse Ranch. The horses and cats stole my heart. We had a great horse ride Jacklyn is very nice and smart she knows her animals. She taught us a lot and this was a real horse ride. The price was very good I looked around and for a private ride this was the best price I found. Also she rescues the animals so not only are you having a good time your helping a good cause. I would defiantly visit again if I am in the Palm Springs/Morongo Valley area and maybe even stay at her B&B.

2  Thank Ash G
Reviewed 31 October 2012

this is a real ranch, not a cheesy tourist trap with heads-down horses. jacklyn works with rescue horses (some) and returns them to 'air touch'. i have always ridden western which is quite disrespectful of horses, with all the pulling and kicking them when they really are so articulate if not treated poorly. i always left a good gratuity towards the upkeep as anyone taking on rescue animals also takes on quite a financial burden, too. loved the cabin, excellent coffee with cinnamon, eggs from her own hens, could hear the horses knickering in the night and beyond that, just peace of the desert. she adapted lessons to what i wanted to learn - brushing, how to move around them, riding naturally. hope to return!

5  Thank Tallulah M
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I loved every moment of being at Crazy Horse Ranch. I am not American and the chance to spend some days staying on a ranch was such a thrill for me.
Jacklyn was amazing and cared for my friend and I every step of the way. She was kind and patient and an amazing horse woman. What a relief to ride somewhere that the horses are not deadened trail horses. This is why I chose to come. I wanted to ride rather just sit on a horse.
The horses are so gentle and sweet at the ranch. I feel in love with many of them and having had a fear of horses in the past was surprised at how relaxed I felt there. The riding was awesome. Through trails. I loved it.
My friend and I stayed in the beautiful accommodation cabins. What a treat to stay in such nice accommodation on the ranch.

There is no question I will come back here again. I loved it and feel like Palm Springs now has a piece of my heart.

3  Thank Pukuchick