“Cowgirl Up!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CottonWood Canyon Ranch

CottonWood Canyon Ranch
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: All our Rides are Private cater to you and your family.We offer Horseback riding and guided trail rides from beginners to experienced riders. Ages from 7 years old and up. We are by appointment only. Most of our horse have been rescued and are in a forever home here. So come ride with us! We are minutes away from (18 Miles) Joshua Tree Park,& (16 miles) to Palm Springs,Ca. Right in the middle with a nice paved road to the gate. We are open all year. Our summer months are from June- Oct Evening rides and morning rides.We also have lessons, horse boarding, Photo Shots, Weddings and corporate parties. Visit our website for more detail and pictures.
Lakewood, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cowgirl Up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I had a great time at Cottonwood Canyon Ranch! We had a wonderful trail ride. My husband surprised me with a weekend in Joshua Tree. We saw so many beautiful desert plants...and birds... flowering cactus ... The ranch was right out of Kentucky...in the desert.. Beautiful fencing and barns.. Beautiful horses. We took and hour and half ride as recommended by the owner Georgia. We had so much fun, and felt very safe. I will be coming back again soon. I have not stopped talking about it. My young children will be coming next time so they can ride horses.. I found out that they give lessons for riding as well. It was a great day spent there. Her staff is wonderful. They are very knowegeble ... The road into her her ranch was very easy to drive on with our new car. It was smooth as glass. This was the best trail ride and ranch I have ever seen. I have traveled the world and this is the best place I have ridden. Thank you again!!!! You won't regret this choice in a ranch to spend the day!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank pekipeggy

Minneapolis, Minnesota
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good Horseback Riding for the Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

On our recent trip to Joshua Tree National Park we wanted to do some horseback riding to see the countryside and ended up at Cottonwood Canyon Ranch. It was a fairly easy drive from Twentynine Palms, where we were staying, to the ranch. Georgia, the owner was easy to work with in setting up the ride and thorough in providing in the information we would need ahead of time. They were very concerned for our safety, including a good interview to match us up with the best horses based on our skill level and included time in the round ring to make sure we were all comfortable with our mounts before going on the trail. Our 9 year old had never been on a horse before so was significantly more comfortable when they opted to 'pony' him, using a lead rein on his full size mount. The trail was a nice section of desert hills. At numerous points on the trail it was almost as if we were in the wild as there was no sign of civilization. We only road for an hour because is was the most my husband and son wanted, but we had the option to go longer if we wished. We would definately go there again if we were in the Palm Springs or Joshua Tree area.

Visited March 2012