“I cried when we were leaving!!!!!!”
Review of Anderson Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morro Bay
Anderson Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Oh my god there are no words to describe how wonderful this hotel is!

We splashed out on the Cream Suite and my god it was worth it. They even asked us when booking whether we drank tea or coffee and had put our preferences in the room for us. We were treated so special and they loved that we had travelled from Ireland.

On arrival we were greeted by name and had an allocated parking space waiting for us (which my fiance was very impressed with). We had a wondeful chat with the owners who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We had lost our credit card which was not a problem to them and they simply found a way around this.

We were brought to our room and were speechless. It was absolutely stunning. The view of the rock from the balcony is priceless. We just wanted to sit on the baclony all evening and enjoy the view. The owners provide binoculors in the room so you can further enjoy the view which is brilliant for watching the seals who serrenade you all night.

The entire experience of staying here was amazing. I was so upset to have to leave I shed a tear or two. The owner even offered to take a few photos of us as keepsakes which was great.

Go on splash out and book one of the suites - you will not regret it!!! This was the highlight of our three week trip to the States and only hope to make it back there someday :)

Room Tip: Book a suite!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Walked in on the off-chance for a quick overnighter. Managed to bag a room at a discounted rate which was a bonus. The place is small (8 rooms, I believe), tidy, very clean and position A near the water. I had a wonderful room overlooking the 'Rock'. Slept like a baby in a super comfortable room with all mod-cons and quality ameneties. In addition, the Andersons are wonderful people who make you feel very welcome. Also had great recommendations for dinner and breakfast. WIll come again to enjoy the Anderson's hospitality and Morro Bay.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2011

What a great place. We were treated as if we were their best customers. We walked in hoping at noon on a Monday and they greeted us like their favorite family visiting. The large room was outstanding, clean, large, so comfortable. I spent a lot of time in the three spray shower and the jetted tub. This is the only place to stay in Morro Bay.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms over the water. View of the rock!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Super cute boutique hotel. Owners were very nice and actually introduced us to celebrities at dinner in a nearby restaurant. Rooms are newly decorated, very large. Good parking.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed in this beautiful Inn last March, for my parents' wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time (they even had my parents' name printed on the menu!). It is a family business and the owners are the most warm and attentive hosts. The room are decorated in a very tasteful style and are large and comfortable. The food was delicious and the views from both the hotel and the restaurant are amazing. Yesterday, on our way back to another trip to Northern California, we stopped by to have lunch and have a stroll since we liked the area so much and we went to say hello to the owners. It was so pleasant that they recognized us and were so nice to us. Next time, when I have more time, I will stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a very nice, well-kept, beautifully located hotel. The innkeepers are the nicest people I have ever encountered in the hospitality industry. They truly bend over backwards to make sure their guests are comfortable. Highly recommended.

The hotel is actually motel-style, meaning the rooms are accessed from outside walkways. The location of the Inn is right on the bay, overlooking Morro Rock. We had a "limited view" room, so our small balcony had a lovely view of the bay and the rock, which I enjoyed as sat outside drinking my morning coffee. The room was elegant , clean and very comfortable - 5 stars.

Morro Bay businesses mostly cater to day traffic, so there are t-shirt shops, a few snack places and some restaurants - not a lot to see. But experincing the bay is what visiting Morro Bay is about and being at Anderson's made that really easy. We literally walked out of our hotel, down a ramp and rented kayaks the morning of our stay. From there we paddled out to see the sea lions, the kelp beds, the birds and the lovely bay. There were also small boats for rent or stand-up paddle boards.

Food was good - We ate dinner at their restaurant (really good) and breakfast at a place down the street - Frankie & Lola's, which was recommended by our innkeeper.

All in all, given that we were only in Morro Bay one night, we could not have had a nicer time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2011

The positive, raving reviews are spot on. I stayed here while driving up the California coast and this gem was a highlight of my journey. The property is run by two brothers and a sister who are so welcoming and kind. The bed is beyond divine. The view is so unique. O, and they have a jacuzzi tub, ahhh. I highly suggest.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo