“Unbelievably Friendly”
Review of Anderson Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morro Bay
Anderson Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
“Unbelievably Friendly”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We decided to drive up north from Los Angeles to SF and we stopped in Morrow Bay. After checking TripAdvisor, we found Anderson Inn.

Upon checking in, we were greeted by Molly who is one of the owners. She along with her brothers own/manage the property. Not only she super friendly, she even made the check-in process fun. We were traveling with our 7 & 4 yr old daughters and she them check-in and sign the paper work. They loved it!

The property overlooks the Rock and is centrally located with many restaurants and shops within walking distance.

Next time, maybe my wife and I will just make the trip to Morrow Bay and spend more time there (without the kids!).

Thanks again for a great night and all the advice regarding the Hearst Castle and the Elephant seals...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Glendora, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We wanted to spend a couple days in Morro Bay to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. The choice to stay at Anderson Inn was the best choice we could have made! Wow, kind, caring, friendly hosts, sincerely wanting to make our stay memorable. The room was perfect, in every way, up to the throw on the back of the easy chair. The meal we had at the Galley Restaurant was superior! Thank you, Molly and Jeff, we will defininetly be back to Anderson Inn again!

Carolu and Dan

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My family of four thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Anderson Inn. Upon arriving on a Saturday at dinner time we couldn't find a parking spot. I ran into the office where I first met most delightful Molly! She excused herself from a guest and came out to show us the spot she had saved for us. She had also left a voice mail on my cell phone saying not to worry, that she had a spot for us. What a great first impression. It only got better.

As Molly proceeded to check us in she told my boys ( 11year old twins) the rules of the hotel and also asked them to keep their parents under control! She had them sign us in and took us up to our room. She showed us how everything worked (the shower was amazing!).

The room was lovely. It was very large, comfortable beds, clean and what a view! The decor was more like home than a hotel. After a great sleep I sent my husband and one of my boys to get some milk for our cereal. I said "go and ask Molly. She'll let you know where to go". We'll being a typical man, my husband decided to venture out on foot. Nothing. He gets in the car, my son heads to the office and asks Molly where he can buy some milk. The phone rings in our room. It's my son. I can hear Molly in the background asking "ask her if she needs bowls, ask her if she needs spoons". Up comes my son with 2 large glasses of milk! Molly you are amazing!!

We had the pleasure of meeting Molly's mom and brother Jeff as well. These are such beautiful, kind people. Jeff took a few family pictures of us in front of the rock before we left.

This stay took me back to my childhood travelling with my parents and reminded me of the way people were treated back then. What a pleasure it was to find this 45 years later. The Anderson's know how to treat people and provide a comfortable, relaxing home away from home.

You can't go wrong staying here. Your biggest issue will be having to leave.

Thank you Molly and family for a splendid stay during my 50th birthday California Pacific Coast highway road trip. You will not be forgotten.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Adelaide
Reviewed 3 April 2014

If you are driving the coast road from Monterey to Santa Barbara or further do yourself a favour and stay at Anderson Inn in Morro Bay - it is totally beautiful. A small boutique hotel of only 8 rooms we stayed in the back one still with a view of the rock but great room and no road noise. The owners/hosts could not be more welcoming or helpful. Do yourselves a favour and eat in the restaurant attached to the hotel as well. A totally charming place would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne S
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We just spent a road trip week on the West Coast going from LA to San Fran with our four young daughters. Beyond all our stays in different places, our night at the Anderson inn has been definitely the best experience ever. The room was very comfortable and decorated with a very delicate and refine taste. The bathroom is modern and very comfortable. The Hotel itself is very well located, directly on the bay facing the rock. Last but not least, the kindness and professionalism of the family who runs the place makes the all difference with any other place and it brings this kind of " je ne sai quoi " which make your stay just perfect. Thank you to them for keeping high the colors of this job ! During the dinner we had at the Galley ( Absolutely delicious) we asked our four daughters what was their best experience of the day after having seen so many beautiful places, the oldest who is 9 years old said it was the special welcome made by Molly at the hotel :-) What else ? ;-) . Thank you again to Molly and her two brothers for this very nice but to short stay.
Cedric and his family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cedric a
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Located at the Embarcadero in Morro Bay, it is ideally situated with accessibility to the variety of restaurants and stores along the busiest street. However, this weekend is rainy so tourist stayed away and made our stay a very quiet one. What I love about this place is our room and the Anderson’s. Let me start with the Anderson’s – Mollie, Jeff, and Roger who are siblings and operates this quaint waterfront hotel along with their parents. I only met Bud, their father this time around. Now tell me how many hotel owners actually greet you and proudly speaks about the history of their hotel. We felt so welcomed. And Mollie personally brought us to our room and explained every part of the room from the fireplace to the proper operation of the beautiful shower. She will also tell you about the sounds of the bay (sea lions barking) and the sound of the drain after your shower.

We have an amazing view of the bay and Morro rock and this is only one of three rooms above the water. I was reminded of being in a large suite of a cruise ship that is docked at a port. My favorite part is the deck and watching the sunset while having a glass of pinot grigio.

Staying at Anderson Inn is like staying with friends and family. Guess this secret can't be kept hidden forever. Thank you for making my stay a memorable one and looking forward to visiting you again....Glenn

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Chowchilla, California
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

me and my wife were heading in the moral Bay and we called this hotel to see if they had vacancies. they informed us that they were booked but they were so gracious to give us another hotel and help us book it. even though we are not customers they know what customer service is. The next time I'm in Morro Bay I'm going to stay at this hotel thank you.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple