“Top Notch”
Review of Anderson Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morro Bay
Anderson Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
UK
“Top Notch”
Reviewed 10 October 2010

A wonderful oasis in Morro Bay. Mollie is a great host in a family centred business and made us very welcome. I concur with the other reviews.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We stayed at the Anderson Inn for two evenings. The hosts - Jeff, Mollie and Roger could not have been more accomodating and helpful. This is a family run inn and they are the epitomy of the old fashioned definition of service. They did everything to make sure that our stay was just what we wanted.

The facility is very well taken care of. The bed was made with fine cotton sheets. The towels and bathroom amenities were perfect. They even provided a pitcher of cream for our coffee. Although they do not advertise as a super quiet place - they are located on the Embarcadero downtown- my husband and I found it to be very quiet. I felt that great care had gone into the renovation of the inn and so soundproofing was of superior quality.

We were very happy and would choose the Inn again if we are ever in the area. When you want to relax and have a vacation, a place like the Anderson Inn helps make it a real vacation.

The Galley restaurant next door is wonderful. Some of the freshest seafood we have tasted. We watched the sunset from a table overlooking the bay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Wilmslow
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We stayed at the Anderson Inn as a stopover on our trip around California and wish we'd stayed longer. Truthfully, there isn't much to do in Morro Bay itself, but the Inn was in the best location looking out on the Rock (no mist!), and the host Jeff was very friendly. On Jeff's recommendation, we dined in the Galley and were not disappointed. Highly recommended

nz
Reviewed 18 September 2010

We arrived at Anderson Inn on a whim from Trip advisor - wow this was the best decision ever! From the amazing greeting and warmth from Molly to the sublime quality of the room and the thoughtful extras such as Ipod docking stations - crabtree and evelyn toiletries, the bed with the feather pillows and duvets, omg, then to the ease of dining downstairs in the wonderful attached restaurant - the galley - again the best seafood without a doubt, you know how you just have one of those wonderful experiences in a trip, - believe me this is it! do it. - the cost was really reasonable - thanks to Molly. - We didnt stop smiling, And were sent on our way the next day with an apple and bottle water, between the best service we have had in years and the quality of the hotel - its these sort of touches that make a place. - You should walk down to the wine tasting place down the road - visit Mathew - what a character, - only thing we did wrong was to only stay one night, !!! two is a must

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Exceptional hotel. The service was off the scale. The room was immaculate. I was expecting a bit of noise at night - being so close to a couple of bars and the main street - but apart from the gulls and the odd seal it was silent after 11pm. We stayed here en route from LA to San Francisco and could not have wished for a better hotel in a better location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I agree with most of what has already been said- clean, fresh rooms, pleasing decor, good waterfront location, etc. This is a very small, family-run inn- not like a B&b, though, it's set up as a hotel- it just has only 8-10 rooms. It's sophisticated, cozy and nice.

My husband and I spent the weekend exploring Morro Bay, Hearst, Cambria, San Luis Obispo, Avila Beach and did some wine tasting in Templeton from this Inn as a base. It worked out great and we would choose the same place again if we were going to go.

One other note, I am a clean freak and total germaphobe and I get pretty anxious when traveling sometimes about what the lodgings are going to be like. I was so relieved when we first opened the door to our room and I saw that it was modern, fresh and clean. A big, fluffy, white duvet with very clean, crisp sheets over a newer matress composed the bed. The carpet was clean and not worn. The bath with a granite counter and nicely tiled shower was lovely. There was no grody stuff in the corners of the shower or anything. Very clean and nice and definitely up to my standards.

The Galley restaurant attached to the hotel was great. We usually stay away from most hotel restaurants and tend to venture out and look for the local spots, but when we saw how highly rated the restaurant here was, we decided to give it a try. Great meal! I had beautifully seared scallops and my husband had what he said was a great steak. Homemade pie for desert topped it off. I'll write more in a review of the restaurant, but I just wanted to mention this in conjunction with the hotel.

My only criticism is not a major one but it's about seating. Aside from the bed, there is one stuffed chaise type chair and one dining type chair at the desk. What if two people want to sit and watch tv? They can't sit together. Or what if like us, you bring coffee and a bagel back for breakfast- only one person can sit at what functions for a table. The rooms are huge and I think either a small sofa would be better than the one chaise or an extra dining style chair in the corner would be nice. Again, not a biggie, but I thought worth mentioning.

Stockport, Manchester
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I can't say enough good things about this place, all th staff we dealt with, email, phone and face to face were all really helpful. We only stayed for one night, we arrived quite late but were still shown personally to our room. The room was beautifully appointed, well laid out and was just perfect. We had a balcony overlooking the rock and the sun was setting. When we left the next day we were given an apple and water for the journey, they couldn't do enough for us.

We can also highly recommend the Galley for great seafood and impeccable service. We visited Hearst castle, which was a good half day trip, but well worth it and we kayaked in the bay for less than $20, for a double kayak.
We really enjoyed our stay in Morro Bay at the Anderson Inn.