“Great value”

Ranked #26 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Better than I expected. Had carne asada tacos and nachos and both were really tasty. Most importantly it's cheap spent about $11 on a meal or two.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Unless you close your eyes while driving down Main St.........It's very visible with a open plate glass construction and right across from Bottle Liquor store. Just booths inside at Taco De Mexico. You do not come here for ambiance. You come here for excellent Mexican food and good prices. The staff is attentive and friendly. In over 20 years, I have never been in here and it not be crowded, any time of day, anytime of the year. Carnitas, lengua tacos, combo plates with rice and beans--everything on their menu is delicious. The serve bottled beer and wine, too. I miss the CD juke box but this is still a fun stop in MB.
I guarantee it, skip the touristy glop that they serve at the much over-rated Taco Temple, and eat at Taco De Mexico.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I enjoy the good food and pleasant environment that reminds me of great taco stands. They also give choices on sauces to match preferences for spiciness.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

We ordered two tacos that came with rice and beans. Maybe it was just a off day but we weren't impressed. The chicken tacos were ok, as was the rice and beans but certainly not outstanding. We wouldn't go out of our way to eat here again.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

A local hole-in-the-wall where I usually get the veggie burrito coronado (hold the rice, extra beans, with onions and cilantro) and a drink, and total cost is under $10, and it's delicious and more than I can eat. You can tell it's good because it's usually filled with locals, surfers and a lot of Mexican-Americans.