“Best tacos I've ever had”
Review of Taco De Mexico

Taco De Mexico
Ranked #26 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a couple of locals in SLO when we asked where to find the best Mexican food. The restaurant is simple, small, and can fill up quickly; however it is most certainly worth a stop for a quick bite. I had the carbon and carnitas tacos, and both were absolutely delcious. They have many choices and are very reasonably priced, with quick service. I will not hesitate to return if I am in the area again.

1  Thank al_d555

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have a higher salt tolerance than my S.O. and I got to eat her food after I finished mine. For a $6 burrito I will go elsewhere or spend $2 more at Taco Temple and have the best carnitas burrito ever.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

If you can put up with noise, family seating and Styrofoam plates, this is THE place in town. It is just a hole in the wall but serves authentic food a very reasonable prices. Try take out and avoid the inside crowds.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Better than I expected. Had carne asada tacos and nachos and both were really tasty. Most importantly it's cheap spent about $11 on a meal or two.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Unless you close your eyes while driving down Main St.........It's very visible with a open plate glass construction and right across from Bottle Liquor store. Just booths inside at Taco De Mexico. You do not come here for ambiance. You come here for excellent Mexican food and good prices. The staff is attentive and friendly. In over 20 years, I have never been in here and it not be crowded, any time of day, anytime of the year. Carnitas, lengua tacos, combo plates with rice and beans--everything on their menu is delicious. The serve bottled beer and wine, too. I miss the CD juke box but this is still a fun stop in MB.
I guarantee it, skip the touristy glop that they serve at the much over-rated Taco Temple, and eat at Taco De Mexico.