We make a trip to Morro Bay at least once a year and we have stayed at the same motel the last three trips. This time we decided to try a different location just for a change of pace. The Embarcadero Inn will get our business next time. We recommend rooms on the third floor (except for 306) which is adjacent to the breakfast room--the third floor offers unobstructed views of the bay. We enjoyed a king room with fireplace and balcony (room 315) at a reasonable price. The room was comfortably furnished, pleasantly decorated and well equipped (DVD player and a good selection of DVDs available from the office at no additional charge). The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the included continental breakfast was much more than adequate but fairly basic.
There were no major negatives unless these minor considerations are game changes for you:
1) There is only one sink and fairly limited area for toiletries.
2) The breakfast room has only three tables and I imagine quite difficult to access during peak seasons when the inn is full or nearly so (which was not the case during our visit). If you are traveling with a family we would advise an early or late breakfast--opens at 7.
3) If you are the type that only cares about the gas fireplace for atmosphere and a soft glimmer when you go to sleep you will probably find yourself being quite warm . . . our fireplace delivered a lot of heat in addition to a warm atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pleasure, serenity and relaxation await you at the newly redesigned and renovated 456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites. Enjoy the tranquility of one of our 33 boutique guestrooms with vistas of Morro Bay Estuary, Morro Rock, the Sandspit and the Pacific Ocean. The Family owned and operated inn is uniquely located on the Embarcadero in Morro Bay, California and is pleased to provide pet friendly accommodations. Our guests enjoy strolling to Morro Rock, beaches, parks, shops, restaurants and along the bay to discover beauty and nature. Just minutes to Hearst Castle, Cal Poly, Central Coast Wineries, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, and Montana De Oro State Park, our tranquil rooms and suites, superb service and attention to our guests needs will ensure your visit to Morro Bay is delightful. BOOK DIRECT and SAVE! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your 456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embarcadero Hotel Morro Bay
- Embarcadero Motel Morro Bay
- Embarcadero Morro Bay
- Embarcadero Inn Morro Bay