“Fantastic!”

456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I live just around the corner of this wonderful Hotel. I attended our Morro Bay Music Festival and didn't want to drink and drive or walk home so I did the responsible thing and stayed at this local hotel. The Reservation lady was fantastic, professional and very helpful. The room was great the balcony view was beautiful. I sat there saying wow I live right here. The hot tub was a great treat and the breakfast in the morning was awesome. I have a business here in MB and will recommend to everyone traveling thru to stay there. The price is right!

1  Thank Summer B
There are newer reviews for 456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We typically try to stay in "chain" hotels, but didn't see many in Morro Bay, so we read reviews of local hotels and this one sounded very nice. It exceeded our expectations! The room was large, extremely clean, and nicely decorated. They thought of everything, things that other hotels don't have....from complimentary microwave pop corn, comfy rollable chairs, a fireplace, and even a roll of paper towels, to a bucket with squeegee in the parking lot to clean the car windshield. One of our favorite memories will be that we could hear the sea lions barking from our room! So cool! Our room had a lovely view! We requested the 3rd floor to maximize the view. The beds were very comfortable. The bedding and towels were luxurious. It was helpful to have a fridge and microwave. The continental breakfast was very nice. The homemade cinnamon rolls were fantastic! Our daughter with food allergies wanted to use the waffle maker and the staff were very helpful in finding the batter ingredients to insure that it was safe for her to eat. The hotel was very quiet and felt very safe as the hotel key was needed to operate the elevator from the parking garage. It's a very small, quaint hotel. You should know that there isn't staff there after 10pm, but there is someone on-call. We didn't know that and arrived at 9:55pm as the nice lady at the front desk was preparing to tape an envelope with our key in it to the front door. This was our favorite hotel from our trip! We would definitely stay there again, if we are in the area. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Ljsjayhawk
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We loved our time in beautiful Morro Bay and our stay at the Embarcadero. They could not have been more hospitable or welcoming. Jessica at the front desk and the other gentleman were wonderful! I forgot my toothbrush, and she had extras. They provide you with just about anything/everything you need, including a vast selection of DVDs. The location of this quaint hotel is perfect--near the water, shops, and three great restaurants...Dutchman's Seafood House, Thai Bounty, and Rosie's. The price is average for the area, but the room was spotless...smelled clean when we walked in. The Embarcadero is a little gem--also nice and quiet. Great 2 night stay...

1  Thank Jelis55
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I spent two nights mid week in this very pleasant inn. It was the little touches that made this trip memorable. I always take a night light with me on trips and this is the first hotel ever that had one. The room was equiped with a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave oven--which again was unexpected. The room was large and well maintained--a bit outdated though in the decor. I was concerned that it might be noisy as it was on the main street; however, since it was at the end of the main action area there was no noise problem. The only rather annoying thing was the internet connection was poor. The location was excellent--everything was within walking distance.

1  Thank dorseylb
morrobayside, General Manager at 456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding the WiFi, we are doing our level best to provide consistent service to our guests but are at the mercy of what is technologically available in our area. We keep monitoring it. See you again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our first visit to Morro Bay and chose the Embarcadero Inn due to its proximity to restaurants, shopping, and the bay. We were not disappointed in our selection. The "partial view" from our deck was absolutely beautiful, especially the sunsets. The room was clean, quiet, and the bed was so comfortable! We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast before heading out for the day and enjoyed the free dvds and popcorn in the evenings after a full day of exploring. Some evenings we would open our sliding door and enjoy a glass of wine on our deck or just let the ocean breeze come in while we relaxed.

As a person who has traveled quite a bit for work/pleasure, I admit to one thing that can be a big turn-off for me....the shower. I immediately become annoyed if there is too little water pressure or if the temperature fluctuates while showering. Pleasantly, I could have stood in the shower for hours...it was just right. The only criticism I have is I am not a fan of soap/shampoo/conditioner dispensers in the bath. Fortunately I always travel with my own products,

I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again if we ever travel back to Morro Bay,

Room Tip: Pros: I believe all the rooms face the bay and have a small deck. The third floor rooms have a great...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mineralite

So glad you enjoyed your visit here in Morro Bay and at the Embarcadero Inn. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My friend and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Embarcadero Inn. The staff was pleasant, the room was spacious and clean, and best of all, had a lovely view of Morro Bay. I would come back again in a minute, and highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had never been to this Inn before but will definitely return. Didn't know what to expect, it is an older property, however we found it quite enjoyable. The staff was friendly and very helpful and the breakfast room was nice and the food was delicious. It was very conveniently located and we were able to walk to every place we wanted to go. Every restaurant in the area had very good food at reasonable prices. We asked for the third floor with the balcony and we were not disappointed. The view was beautiful. The room was large and quite comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple