“It's not here”

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Minneapolis
“It's not here”
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Looking for that quaint "find" on the water? How about a quiet, family-run place, with great personal touches? WAnt a decent breakfast? We were, and based on some of the other reviews here we hoped this is where we'd find it. Not!!!!!!!! The inn is more Motel 6 than bed & breakfast. The room was tiny, ant-ridden, and hot as the heat was on in August without any thermostat. Our neighbors were loud (thin walls,) and the bedding was scratchy and torn.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Humboldt
Reviewed 6 August 2009

The Bayfront Inn is not a plush resort. It is not a place for the golfing elite who expect Egyptian cotton robes and aroma therapy. It is place is run by nice people who are upgrading as they go. In the morning, while the teenager slept in, I stepped out the hotel door and was greeted by a view of Morro Rock, which is almost directly across from the hotel. I went downstairs and collected my free cinnamon roll from Frankie and Lola's the restaurant next door ( which, by the way, has a killer breakfast menu). I came back to the Bayfront and helped myself to the free coffee located in the small pantry area. I then sat downstairs in the protected outdoor deck area and enjoyed the view. Soon I was chatting with an older couple who were traveling with their 2 dogs, which are welcome at the Bayfront in some of the rooms. Once my caffeine level was optimized, I walked across the street to the boardwalk. Shops, seals, fishing and pleasure boats in slips, restaurants, pelicans, art galleries, all just across the street. I scoped out the kayak rental place and by 10 AM, the teenager and I were paddling the Bay, amongst the seals, pelicans and otters. The Bayfront is clean, the towels are plush, the water pressure good. We had a mini fridge in the room. The mattress was a little stiff for my taste, the floor creaked a bit. All in all, I felt very comfortable, I was very pleased with the room rate, and would go back to the Bayfront anytime, wish it was tomorrow....

1 Thank AuntieRel
Connecticut
Reviewed 6 August 2009

The only way to get closer to the GE plant than staying at the Bayfront Inn is to work there.
Ugh! The rooms are TINY. Although they say no smoking, my room, #8, smelled like someone was chain smoking 24/7. My children's room, #7, smelled better. The best I can say about this place is that it was clean. The only other thing to recommend it, is that it is
next to Frankie & Lola's, the best meal in town.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 August 2009

A very friendly, clean place - but rather alarmingly right next door to large power plant. Rooms were described as small and 'European' although this is about as American motel as I've ever seen (speaking as a European), and rooms a manageable size. Room was worth about half the $130 I paid, but Morro Bay was inexplicably full that weekend, so that would explain it. Motel very run-down, but lovely staff, and sweet touches like taffy gift on pillows and fan-folded toilet paper in an otherwise dilapidated bathroom! Also, check the weather forecast - it's rather bleak there when the fog is in (usual for summer).

Half Moon Island
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Bayfront Inn is classified in Tripadvisor as B&B. It should rather be described as a small hotel/motel. This hotel is very nicely located, on the seafront in Morro Bay, close to the fishing boats. This is probably most interesting during other months than July/August. In this period, it seems that the coast often is covered with fog and you lose then a bit of the point with the view :-) We could however also hear the barking seals from the window!

You can easily walk from the hotel to a variety of restaurants from the hotel. We picked Galley which proved a brilliant choice - we had a superb fish dinner. We later discovered that it was also ranked 1st in Tripadvisor. Couldn't agree more.

We got checked-in quickly by a friendly receptionist at Bayfront Inn. The room was simple but comfortable and clean. The bed was ok and we slept well. Complimentary internet was good!

The breakfast offer (cinammon rolls) is nice... if you like cinammon/cakes for breakfast. Luckily for us (who do not like cinnamon...), we were a bit too early for the cinammon rolls (7:15) so we were offered some toasts instead with butter and jam - this is a good alternative which could be offered to all guests?

Overall don't expect anything very fancy but considering the location and the price tag, the Bayfront Inn is very good value.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alias34632
attherock, owner at Bayfront Inn, responded to this review, 7 December 2009
This is a motel. Not a Bed and Breakfast. We do offer fruit and fresh brewed coffee in our Galley, and freshly baked cinnamon buns at the restaurant next door. We don't advertise as being a bed and breakfast -
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Bayfront Inn. It was conveniently located on the waterfront in Morro Bay, and the room, while small, was very clean and had everything we needed. The management was very friendly, and we loved the free taffy and the cinnamon rolls! This place doesn't pretend to be a luxury resort. It's a very pleasant, old-fashioned motel, and it's close to everything you'd want to see in Morro Bay. We would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Helsinki
Reviewed 27 July 2009

The location was great, the room was clean - small but ok for our just one night stay (it was one of the smallest rooms during our 2½ week California trip). Room a little bit noisy, as the window and door weren't very strong and it was right next to stairs, but I slept ok with earplugs. All in all ok for the price - it's hard to beat the price.

I must say that the coffeeplace next door had the worst coffee I have ever had in my life - the pancakes were good, though.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends