“Excellent!”

DiStasio's on the Bay
Ranked #72 of 98 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Beautiful setting overlooking the Rock, the Bay and the Embarcadero. Panoramic view. Every seat has a view and the fireplace adds that cozy feeling. We offer a separate Gluten-Free menu with over 10 entrees. DiStasio's has been in business on the central coast for 17+ years.
Hanford, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I've lived in Morro Bay for about a year a half now and I've yet to dine here. I had a friend come in to town and he wanted Italian so I thought I would try it out. I was a little hesitant after reading some of the reviews but I'm really glad I went despite what some reviewers said! Everything was great, the staff was very friendly and attentive, didn't have to wait long for anything. The view was great, it had a nice view if the bay and Morro Rock. The food was excellent! My friend got the chicken parmigiana & I ordered the special which was a steak with sautéed mushrooms and steamed veggies. We liked it so much we even went back the next night! I would highly recommend DiStasio's to anyone who loves Italian cuisine.

Santa Cruz, California
“Great food on the water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I came here for lunch after an adventurous and tiring day in morro bay and the food was great! The service was very good and the food came out pretty fast which was very important since we were extremely hungry! I would love to come to this place again!

• Visited June 2014
Bakersfield, California
“bearded hipster waiter”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were hopeful we would have a great dinner, and the food was just alright.... it was the wait staff that was horrible.

Food- Overall it was standard Italian fare, calzone was good and pasta cooked perfect. Other than that nothing to rave over! Just your normal run of the mill pasta joint.

Service - Horrible. Our waiter never told us his name so I will refer to him as bearded hipster (bh)- bh was rude and just seemed as if he could care less about anything going on in the restaurant. He was very condescending and this was very off putting, he sounded as if he had a standard script and just stuck to it ....meaning he rambled on as if he says the same five lines to every customer. We ordered our drinks and asked for waters to accompany our soft drinks and wine and never received them,after waiting 20-30 minutes for water and never receiving it I finally had to find another wait staff and ask for water again for the third time. During our dinner bearded hipster came over to check on us maybe once if he did at all. Our meals made it to the table and once we were finished we sat at the table 5-10 minutes while watching the BH do everything but help us (at this time there were only two other tables with guest still eating) I finally got tired of waiting for BH to bring me my check so I got up to look for someone else to help me , I walked around but was unable to locate anyone. BH finally came to check on my table only after we stood up at the table with our jackets in hand, he asked can I get you anything to which I replied "Just the check" and again had to wait far to long for the check seeing that the place was empty. We received our check paid for our OVER PRICED pasta and left.

Would I return to this restaurant - NO!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Danielle M
Orange, California
“Good food, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

For dinner you can get a great view of the water. Our dinner was very good. Several tables had been sat after ours and received their food at least 20 minutes before us. I am aware that certain meals take different times and maybe orders aren't put in at the same time. However I did notice that our order was taken before theirs and that we order the same dishes, so there's no reason why that should happen. We asked our server about it. And he said any minute. It took another 7-10 minutes after that. He came out with our food and was very apologetic and offered us each a dessert on the house. We chose to share something and he offered again to being us each a dessert.
So it was disappointing how long our food took to come out, but the server did definitely make up for it.

Visited May 2014
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Nice view but food wasn't amazing. Restaurant was almost empty. Staff nice. Dorn's (next to it) had more people in but we only stayed one night so couldn't compare the competition.