“Really bad Thai” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Southern Cal
“Really bad Thai”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I hate having to hit a place when it's down but this is seriously bad Thai. Ordering pad Thai ,a collection of shrimp and chicken in a tamarind infused rice noodle dish with crushed peanut topping, I was informed," I need to charge you $2 more than the menu price because shrimp are expensive ..." Huh? I also ordered a bowl not cup of Thom Kah guy.... Mistake! Watered down coconut milk soup with some cabbage and a few sparse pieces of chicken,( an obvious attempt at balancing some additional profit for the skyrocketing shrimp costs), this soup was void of mushrooms, lemon grass or anything that resembles a traditional Thom Ka. Watching others receive their food I could see this quality was common and not isolated my choices. A long discussion with the Asian owner abut the failings of America and the " American dream", I could feel the money loss he must be suffering. Too bad.... Nice guy, bad food.

Visited September 2013

Palm Harbor, Florida
“Try the Thai Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Isn't it funny how people have different experiences. To me, the Salad Rolls were huge and out of this world. My Spicy Noodles dish was delicious.

I rated it the best meal of my entire trip in California.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“one of the worst thai restaurants”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We recently visited Morro Bay and got Jasmine Thai for takeout. The food was really awful and overpriced. We got fried spring rolls and red chicken curry. The spring rolls were literally dripping in oil and were extremely bland. They were only stuffed with cabbage--no other vegetables--and had absolutely no seasoning. The red curry was only slightly better. It was also bland and was very salty. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant at all. We live in Los Angeles where the Thai restaurants are superb and this is definitely one of the worst Thai restaurants we've ever tried.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Good choice in Morro Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We ate at two Thai restaurants during a short vacation in Morro Bay. The service and atmosphere at Jasmine Thai was much better than the dining experience we had the previous night at the restaurant near the bay. I had a delicious Massamun curry with attentive service in a calm atmosphere. The restaurant is located in Morro Bay's charming downtown. I was glad we found this!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is terrible it's not real thai food. And it's over price.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My family and I went there for rhe first time and we are thai all we eat is thai food. the food is horrible it taste and look horrible it's not thai at all we are very dissapointed. Out of all the place we try this place is the worst one we ever went too.

• Visited July 2013