“The best part of our dinner was the view!”
Review of Harbor Hut

Harbor Hut
Ranked #22 of 100 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best part of our dinner was the view!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hostess one of the most obnoxious women ever. Must have been wife of owner-------no one else would hire her. Food was horrific. Been eating here for 40 years. I haven't been to Morro Bay for about 7 years because we moved to Seattle and have now moved back to the valley; so we came back to Morro Bay to visit, and ,of course, to eat at one of our favorites: Harbor Hut. Boy! Were we surprised! The first thing I noticed was the filthy, yes, filthy carpet
It was down hill after that. We brought some friends with us, and I was embarrassed. Service was terrible and food was one of the worst meals we had ever eaten. Last time we will dine here. I'm so sorry for that.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bjdian

Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
“A special night ruined”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This was the worst experience of our lives. The presumed manager (somewhat tall in height; short, thinning, grey/white hair; pudgy, bloated, red (intoxicated?) face) was on a power trip, and absolutely belittled our group AND was heard berating another customer in line (with that 'How could you be SO stupid?' tone so commonly possessed by little 'men'--the lady was simply asking if he could estimate the wait time).

This was our pre-wedding dinner, with about a dozen adults in our party (the bill was about $600). We're a quiet bunch with basic expectations. We solemnly choked our food down with great difficulty, struggling to swallow despite the lumps in our throats caused by such a pathetic individual ruining what was supposed to be a very special night.

Please, on principle alone, do not bring your business here. Also, the many poor reviews below concerning food quality/taste are absolutely accurate--just a terrible place all around.

I wish I could give zero stars...

1 Thank RMBolton
Gasquet, California
“Food Poor and Table Smelled Bad”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Can't agree with the others as our meal was sub par. Calamari was average at best but was real calamari at least. Service was excellent .Chowder tasted like cream of celery soup. I had fish and chips and they were overcooked and tasteless. Husband had the sole roll which was overcooked and either the crab or the shrimp inside was old and my husband is not a picky eater. Amazing view but the table stunk like old wash rags. Take a hint folks those plastic woven place mats are not only tacky but germ catchers and they smell really bad. Ugh. Would not recommend and will never return.

1 Thank terriccha46
Houston
“Best of the best!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

While on vacation, we stopped to see the Morro Rock but the fog was so heavy it was completely invisible. We decided to get a bite to eat while we waited for the fog to lift. We parked our RV between two restaurants and stopped a lady to ask if she could recommend one of the restaurants. She recommended Harbor Hut. The food was EXCELLENT, the service was EXCELLENT and a great view of Morro Rock, after the fog lifted, of course! This was the best seafood we had the entire trip up the Coast. I would highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
Orange County, CA
“Outstanding dining in Morro Bay”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife and I spent the the July 4th weekend in Morro bay, one of our favorite getaway spots. On previous trips we had dined at a number of restaurants but for some reason had never tried the Harbor Hut. Possibly because it's at the far end of the Embarcadero and we rarely walked that far down. After giving it a try on this trip we will definitely make the effort next time we're in the area.

The.Harbor Hut sits right on the water overlooking the bay with a great view of 'The Rock." As mentioned it's at the far NW point of the Embarcadero but is well work the walk. There is also plenty of parking as well. We arrived right at 5pm and had a small 10 minute wait. Once seated we experienced the only down side of the visit. Our table was against the NW window with a great view of the sunset. However, we soon found that with this view came an uncomfortable heat from the sun's rays reflecting off the water. Within five minutes we realized we would not be comfortable so asked our server if we could move. We were promptly moved to an central booth with was much more to our liking.

For the meal we both started off with a cup of their clam chowder. Now every restaurant in the area has fresh clam chowder and most are very good. I can say without a doubt that this had the best flavor of all that we tried. For the entrée I chose the 12 oz Rib Eye and my wife had the Sole Roll. The Rib Eye was very flavorable, maybe just slightly under cooked for medium which was fine. It comes with a choice of side (I chose the baked potato) and very fresh vegetables, in this case a carrot/broccoli mix. My wife's Sole Roll was the star of the table as far as I'm concerned. A file of Sole stuffed (and I mean STUFFED) with Dungeness crab, bay shrimp, and scallions, topped with hollandaise sauce. She loved it! Both meals were large in their portions so you won't go away hungry.

The service was very good, attentive without being overbearing. The prices are reasonable for the area. Two meals with two cocktails under $80. Without a doubt I would return to the Harbor Hut and highly recommend it.