“Great little place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Murrieta, California
“Great little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

We stayed in the Bay Suite, the cheapest of the bunch, and even it had a little balcony and view of the harbor. This is a newer building, nice to find in this area, and the room was modern, not hokey or cheesy. It's a small establishment, and I'm betting it books up fast for weekends (we stayed on a weekday), so grab it if you can! The room was clean, neat, and cozy (and yes that means not hugely spacious, but it's a room, not a suite per-se) with a nice assortment of coffee stuff for the morning, a good size mini fridge, and the flatscreen on the wall :) I liked the tub/shower, it was bigger than most non-jacuzzi style ones. The staff were great, recommended a local seafood place, and provided a decent continental breakfast. There's even an elevator if you need it to get up to your room! Anyway, great stay, highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Estero Inn for one night while on our way to Monterey. This turned out to be a very good choice thanks to the reviews found on this website. Although the room was a bit small, the amenites found therein made for a warm and comfortable stay. The room had a "new carpet" aroma. It was very clean and nicely decorated, with a partial view of the harbor.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the "uncovered" porthole like window was a minor inconvenience we did not care for. They should provide some form of window covering for guests to close or open as desired. The only other negative aspect was the bed size. It's advertized as a queen pillowtop bed, but is more like a full sized bed. We managed nonetheless.

We've already decided on returning to Morro Bay for one or two nights thanks in part to our pleasant experience at the Estero Inn.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Bakersfield CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

This hotel was in my top 3 for cleanliness. With a location on the quieter South end of Morro Bay's Embarcadero and handy parking at no charge, it was also a terrific value. Every interaction with the folks at this hotel was positive; the check in clerk was helpful and accomodating and the owner was on site and more than willing to chat. The continental breakfast was above average.
And the views are to die for!
We'll stay here again and again.

Sanger, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Estero Inn the weekend after Valentines Day and it being our second stay there I must say that it just keeps getting better. Our first stay at the Estero Inn was in the Morro Rock Suite on their second floor with a breath-taking view of Morro Rock, the bathrooms were spotless and gorgeous and the bedroom was amazing. I truly enjoyed the fireplace too, added the romantic touch to an already spectacular room. Our second and most recent stay was in the Marine suite on the ground floor of the Estero Inn, their biggest and most luxurious suite in my opinion. I was blown away by the beauty of the room, it was very clean and the decor was lovely, they even had roses and chocolates on the counter that added to already wonderful room. The bedroom was very spacious and can accomodate up to five people and had again a romantic setting with a breath-taking view of the marina and Morro Rock, even had a fireplace. The bathroom was also very spacious and was equiped with dual shower heads which is a very nice touch. I rate the Estero Inn the highest because I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Morro Bay and I would definately recommend this one for being the best in hospitality, cleanliness, price and location. I would like to thank Rick at the Estero Inn for helping my husband I book our stay and for giving us the most courteous customer service, it is always nice to be greeted with a smile. See you in the spring and most definately in the summer!

Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

I have never visited Morro Bay before so it was so nice to stay at a place that was so comfortable and beautiful. The room was so much nicer than I anticipated with a gas fireplace, roomy bathroom, very comfortable bed, and a wet bar. Very clean and nice furnishings. The owner greeted us and gave us a complimentary bottle of red wine which was very good. The manager was very welcoming and helpful. The view was breathtaking with the famous Morro Bay rock and the estuary right outside the window. It was really a perfect place to relax, read a good book and soak in the sunshine.

We walked down the street to the rock which is only about 20 min away or so. On the other side is a beach which I didn't expect. I would've walked it if I had time. It's a very peaceful place in the middle of winter. The price for the room was reasonable ($179) and they include a continental breakfast. It's the usual fare with bagels, bananas and such but you can make your own waffles. Maybe some protein would be nice, e.g. boiled eggs?

They have wifi which was easy to access as well as having a computer and printer in their breakfast room that guests may use. I chose not to bring my laptop so I just used their computer as needed.

In the bathroom the Crabtree and Evelyn products were nice touch. The only drawback was that the towels were scratchy and not comfortable to use. Great for exfoliating I suppose. It's a small thing and it wouldn't keep me from returning.

Morro Bay itself is very small town in its feel - no Starbucks but plenty of nice homey places. Most of the stores are either selling t-shirts or art. I hope to check out their Main street next time. To me there doesn't seem much to do for kids though it's great for singles and couples. Just a laid back kind of place. There's kayaking and even surfing at the beach I mentioned if you're inclined towards water sports.

The only drawback (at least for the winter I think) that most restaurants aren't open later than 8pm. I'm a late eater so next time I'll bring snacks to eat at night.

I hope to return soon and be able to read another book from beginning to end!

Herald, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

Estero Inn is a relatively new small waterfront hotel at the quieter southern end of Morro Bay. It offers beautiful views of the small boat harbor and Morro Rock, convenient parking immediately adjacent, and a nice continental breakfast with both hot and cold food choices. Several restaurants are within easy walking distance. We booked the Marina Suite, which was spacious, nicely appointed, fully accessible, and very comfortable. Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries were provided in the bathroom, and the room had a lovely gas fireplace, microwave, and small refrigerator. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Especially delightful were the daily "sculptures" of sea animals that the housekeeping staff fashioned out of bath towels and placed on the beds. Our only complaint is that the lighting in the bathroom is very poor for applying makeup--the fixtures are so high above the mirror that they cast shadows on your face, so it's hard to see what you're doing. This minor annoyance aside, we were extremely satisfied with our stay and consider it well worth the price.

• Stayed February 2011
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

A gem. We paid $99, plus tax for a Bay Suits, which was a fantastic value. Its just an extremely good value all around--clean, nicely furnished, modern, nice views, great service. If you're thinking about saving $30 and staying at the place down the road, I suggest you reconsider, as the extra few bucks will allow you to stay in moderate luxury!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple