“Average food with a great view”
Review of The Outrigger Restaurant - CLOSED

The Outrigger Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We went there for breakfast after a local suggested it to us. We sat outside on the patio which was very nice and the view was perfect. The Menu was short but it sounded good. I ordered a English Muffin with Sausage and Eggs and my sister had Eggs Benedict. The waitress was very nice and the food came after just a short wait. Sadly the food didn't taste good and we were really disappointed. The view is great but the food is not.

Reviewed 10 January 2011

I have to echo a previous review on the 'local waters' snapper. It was certainly not fresh, had an off-taste, and extremely tough. I almost sent it back and should have. My advice would be to avoid the so-called fresh fish and stick to the stuff you know is frozen or a beef or chicken dish. Better yet, have a beer or glass of wine for the view and eat elsewhere.

Otherwise it was a good experience. The waitstaff is alert and responsive and the view of 'the Rock' is spectacular.

Reviewed 21 September 2010

The food was absolutely terrible. The snapper was dry and tough and tasted funny and as for the vegetables and pilaf... Both were tasteless and undercooked!

The only redeeming features were the view and the house merlot.

Reviewed 17 July 2010

We went to the Outrigger restaurant one weeknight in July and it was really not that great. It does have a wonderful view of Morro Rock and we were there right as the sun was setting, so that made it a little nicer, but the service was pretty slow and I would say they have the worst tasting clam chowder I've ever had. I ordered snapper with a baked potatoe and veggies. The veggies had obviously been steamed a little too long, and the fish was a little chewy. Service was slow but it seemed that they might be a little understaffed. I would not go here again.

Reviewed 23 April 2010

We were on vacation in Morro Bay walking around with our small dog. We were prepared to buy some takeout and eat back at the hotel. As we were walking by the Outrigger, my husband happened to see this restaurant was dog friendly. We were placed in the patio area in the corner which had a great view of the bay. Our dog was given a bowl of iced water while we enjoyed our drinks. The calamari steak and fish and chips were delicious. The staff was very attentive and checked on us often. We couldn't have been more pleased with our relaxing dining experience.