“Good choice!”

STAX Wine Bar & Bistro
Ranked #16 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Description: STAX Wine Bar& Bistro Featuring Gourmet Tapas starting at $6. Imported Meats, Cheeses, Olives, and MOre. Crositinis, Paninis, Huge Prawn Cocktail, OVER 120 Local and Imported wines. Wine by the Glass, Taste or Bottle. Live music Thursdays and Sundays. Morro Bay's Coolest Wine Bar!
San Diego, California
“Good choice!”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Was recommended by hotel staff. Was there on Sunday afternoon. knowledgeable staff, good wine and yummy food. Totally worth it!

Visited April 2013

Miami
“Very Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

A bright, sophisticated wine bar. I was looking for a gift bottle and in spite of being absolutely slammed, the hostess took time to help me find just the right one. I'm not a wine connoisseur but this is a fine bar/shop with good stuff.

Visited November 2012
Altadena, California
“Expected more information and conversation”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I arrived before noon for wine tasting and some appetizers. There was only one other patron in the place so I thought I would get more one-on-one attention and more information about them as I sat at the wine bar. The server poured wine and read off the bottle label and left me alone but did make an effort to look up a blend of one of the samples in a book. I was expecting a little more conversation and if there was I might have considered buying a couple bottles of wine. Since I was waiting for my order of cheese, I went to look around their vast selection of wine displayed throughout the restaurant that seemed more like a lounge than a full scale restaurant. I wish some of the bottles were reachable. Several bottles are so high up I couldn't read more about them and I felt they will drop from the shelves during an earthquake so I slowly moved away. My cheese platter arrived filled with delicious and big portions of cheese, and the bread and crackers were an amazing pairing. I couldn't finish so the leftovers were placed in a nice container and the dried fruit and nuts that came with the order were placed in separate containers. That was a nice touch. The view from the bar is a parking lot and the other shops and cafes across from it. Would have preferred a view of the bay while sipping away.

• Visited October 2012
Baywood Park, California
“Had No Idea!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

we've passed this little shop on the Embarcadero any number of times, thinking it was a tasting and wine shop only, when a friend suggested we meet there for a light dinner one night. To our surprise, it was perfect. Cheese, tapas, and tastings. Cozy, and Conducive to conversation. Very attentive service. Nice 'featured' dinner special 'with or without wine' prices. We also 'lucked into' the two-for-one tasting night, so check their daily specials! (A Word of warning to out-of-town visitors - Morro Bay pretty much 'shut's down' by 8 pm, so would suggest a sunset dinner and stroll on the waterfront.)

• Visited October 2012
Roseville, California
“Got to visit with the owner...not pretentious at all!”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Cheese plate..yummmm! Went here before dinner...be careful generous portions... thank you by the way. Also a very nice place to pick up gifts...

Visited October 2012