“A genuine smoked bar-b-que with lots of flavor and nice people”

The Grill Hut Morro Bay
Ranked #41 of 101 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I saw a review on which was not complimentary -- what we noticed was that the reviewer had no idea that bar-b-que isn't always meat placed over hot coals. To us, the real deal is smoked meat. We decided to take the short drive from town and try it. He had the tri-tip and I had the pulled pork. Both sandwiches were quite good, the tri-tip was extremely lean and the pork was pulled almost into a mush which was unusual but delicious. Both meats were served without sauce and you are provided a choice of two homemade sauces, both of which are quite tasty. The bread was excellent as were the cole slaw and homemade potato chips. The beans were cooked with plenty of meat and were really really good. The portion size is not huge but we left quite full and satisfied. As we drove away my husband said "we need to come back soon."

There are newer reviews for The Grill Hut Morro Bay

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant for lunch. Service was friendly and the food was phenomenal. We had the tri-tip sandwich and the combo plate with the chicken. The food was delicious. Be sure to give this a try- you won't regret it.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is a truly hidden gem on the Central Coast. Anybody who is hungry in north Morro Bay should check it out. I got a USDA Choice steak for $20 and it was pretty thick. They cooked it just right and I could slice through it with my fork. I am going back there a lot more.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I'm 81 years old, needless to say I've eaten a LOT of food over my lifetime. Go here for the tri-tip sandwich! The waiter was friendly the price is reasonable and I will definitely go back again!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

"YUM" the tri tip sandwich was tender, full of flavor and served on a tasty grilled roll with a hint of garlic. It was so moist I put only a smidge of sauce on it. The Grill Hut is a friendly, family owned restaurant just off the highway. If you're near Morro Bay or passing through, don't miss it! Very good value for the quality of food.