“don't miss the shrimp nachos”
Review of Fish Bonez - CLOSED

Fish Bonez
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“don't miss the shrimp nachos”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We ordered the shrimp nachos on a tip, and while my wife doesn't care for shrimp, the prawn was easily removed from the top of hers (and doubled up with mine:). Delicious and different. Our entrees were equally intriguing, and worthy of 5 stars. Doubtful we'll be back in Morro Bay anytime soon, but would go back again to Fish Bonez - absolutely.

Visited November 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Came to morro to get away for the weekend and decided to stay away from busy surrounding cities. Asked for recommendations from hotel personnel and recommended fish bonez which was awesome. Started with oysters Rockefeller which was best I've had. Also ordered side of cheese bread which was nothing special but good and large portion. I had ribeye in whiskey peppercorn sauce awesome w/ garlic mashed potatoes. The wife had filet and lobster which I tried and was incredible. I highly recommend this restaurant and wish were staying longer to eat here another night.

1 Thank Christopher C
Phoenix
“Italian Fusion with a View”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great views of the bay, great service, and amazing food! Not your typical fish and chips / bar food found at all the other places on the Embarcadero. They call themselves "Italian fusion," and whatever that is...it's working for them! The crab stuffed artichoke shrimp nachos, and calamari are tasty appetizers to share, and the filet and lobster tail or other fresh fish options are good mains...but the true gems are the homemade cannoli for dessert, best ever! Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited November 2013
San Diego, California
“Excellent new addition to the area”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We visit the area often and have developed some strong views about local restaurants. We were there on a weekday evening in the off season, so it was quiet, and too dark to enjoy the view, which must be terrific. The atmosphere was pleasant, relaxed, low key: it wasn't at all pretentious, but I was glad I'd made a moderate effort to dress up for the evening, if only in a casual way. The service was friendly and efficient. The food was excellent, with a varied and imaginative menu: I started with the oysters - very rich and yummy, followed by a scallop salad with pears, which was delicious and more sustaining than a salad has any right to be! The rest of the table seemed to enjoy their choices, and we all had to help out the friend who had picked the generous Seafood Sampler' special.
This restaurant has definitely joined our 'revisit when in the area' list!

• Visited November 2013
Arroyo Grande, California
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME...........”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

After hearing about this new restaurant in Morro Bay and checking out their menu online I decided that was where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner. I've been looking for a great chicken picata with garlic mashed potatoes FOREVER. When we sat down at a window table it was still light out and the view was fabulous and it wasn't too crowded, but when I read the menu my chicken picata was not on it! OH NO, I was sooo disappointed and asked the waiter why it was on their online menu if they didn't have it? He explained they were trying to phase it out (I wondered why?) anyway........he said he would check with the chef and see what they could do especially since it was 'my birthday' as I told him with a sad face. When he came back he said they would do it for me! WOW was I impressed, that was so nice and I appreciated it, however ............ they did not have garlic mashed potatoes but some other kind & they were just so-so. My husband ordered the scallops, they were presented very nice and he liked them. I really really hate to say this, but my chicken picata, although presented nicely, was not all that good, I wouldn't order it again, perhaps that is why they are phasing it out? BUT I still appreciate them doing that for me and we will def go back and I'll try something else. They have a nice menu with good prices and lots of other things on there that appealed to me. All in all it was a pleasant experience and again THANK YOU for doing that for me!

• Visited October 2013