“Nice surprise!”

Fish Bonez
Tehachapi, California
“Nice surprise!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Totally stumbled upon this restaurant and so glad we did. We were with another couple and they wanted steak and seafood but we read the menu outside and decided we'd try it out! Three of us had the striped sea bass and all of us left a clean plate! The other diner had the special which was a seafood party on a plate! Lobster tail, crab leg cluster, shrimp and I believe scallops. Not a bit of food left on that man's plate either! Service as absolutely perfect. The chef even came out to make sure we were happy with our meal! View was gorgeous. Prices are perfectly in line with the food and service you receive. We would go back in a heartbeat!

• Visited April 2014

Risch, Switzerland
“Wonderful seafood restaurant”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Looking for a table on a Saturday night without reservation turned out to be quite a challenge in Morro Bay. After two friendly, but strict rejections, we desperately called on Fish Bonez where a friendly lady led us to the bar promising us a table within ten minutes.
We were then seated at a lovely table with a view on the sea and enjoyed a beautiful dinner, including a delicious dessert.
We particularly appreciated the excellent and friendly service.

• Visited September 2013
san luis obispo
“Outside of the box”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

So before I even get started let me warn you. If you are looking for your typical coastal food you have come to the wrong place. I would hope you could figure that out by the name of the restaurant alone but just in case you couldn't I figured you should know.  Also, if you have read any of my other posts you would know I don't do seafood.  That's right I live on the gorgeous central coast of California and I don't eat a drop of seafood.  Now that I have voiced my disclaimer we can move on. The first time I ever walked into Fish Bonez I saw the dark blue paint on the walls and thought oh boy what a poor color choice. (I keep it honest) But after eating there I see it just part boldness that comes with Fish Bonez. They have a great happy hour menu and lounge area inside with a cute fireplace to sit by. Not feeling the fireplace?  Then enjoy the comfy patio setting. Fish Bonez has a great view of the water and is great for a night out with friends, family or a romantic dinner.  Even though I was all HGTV about the color I easily see past it now. To each their own right? I sit down I get my usual a glass of red wine and roasted dates.  What red wine you ask? It doesn't matter.  I ask the staff to it pair with they think would go great. They have yet to let me down; Not just with wine pairing but in general. Every time I go in it doesn't matter who helps me, my service and been fantastic.  Their great service definitely contributes to the wonderful ambience that is Fish Bonez. Do I work at Fish Bonez ? No. But, I probably should. With the amount of money I spend on wine and roasted dates maybe I would save a little with an employee discount. Na, I'll stick to being a food critic.

Menu

Fish Bonez is coastal fusion at its finest.

Here's what I eat:

Appetizer:
Roasted Dates and a glass of local red wine.

Entree:
Veggie Pesto Pasta with grilled chicken

Dessert:
Banana Fritters.

Things to know to make your meal out of this world:

-Bring a bottle of local wine with you there's no corkage fee. Like your wine and it's not local? That's fine but there's a ten dollar fee. KEEP IT LOCAL.

- There will not be a dessert menu. If there is one when you get there you got lucky. Dessert is just as fresh as everything else and changes.  Do yourself a favor. If there is Banana Fritters on the menu GET THEM! Banana not your favorite flavor? It will be when your done.

I added pictures of the menu but it does change. Don't be surprised if there something new and delicious to try that you don't see in the picture.

Morro Bay, California
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Food and service was excellent! Ordered the stuffed artichoke and file mignon. We were able to speak with the head chef and I was obvious he is passionate and cares about the food he is serving. That makes a world of difference in my opinion. As a whole the restaurant staff actually cares about their customers and the work they are doing. It takes the quality of the customers experience to a whole new level. My husband and I will definately be dining there again!:)

San Luis Obispo, California
“Best service and food in San Luis Obispo county”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I have dined at most restaurants in San Luis county. Fish Bonez is our favorite. The staff go out of their way to make sure everything is not just good but PERFECT. I have never been to a restaurant with the service and attention to the customer was better than Fish Bonez. Give them a try. You will come back

• Visited February 2014