“Great food, great view”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This restaurant, upstairs from Rose's on the Morro Bay Embarcadero serves up delicious fare! Went here for a family dinner on a spur of the moment weekend get away.
We started with a dozen oysters -- excellent!
Mains were the seared ahi -- coated in sesame seeds and served with pickled ginger and a wasabi creme; and, dover sole stuffed with crab served with asparagus and caper-lemon sauce.
They were great!
Desserts -- banana fritters, cannoli, and a chocolate mousse parfait.
Food was great, service was friendly, and the view at sunset was amazing. A good time was had by all!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I went there with my college age boys and our dog. We sat on the patio and they were dog friendly. They brought the dog water when they brought ours and we socialized with other dog owners. We were on a long driving trip and I wanted to have one nice meal on the trip and they sure answered my wish. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The Roasted Dates appetizer was the highlight of the meal. The salad was large and every single morsel was absolutely fresh and prime, as well prepared as could possibly be. Nice view. There are a lot of restaurants on the dock to choose from, but I was pleased with our choice.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Place was nice. Service was good. Typical seafood restaurant on the seafront. Nothing really special but nice. I'd go again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We live locally and thought it was about time to try this restaurant after reading mostly rave reviews about it.

We went on a Sunday night at 7:30PM and was surprised that there were so few people there but chalked it up to the fact that Fri. and Sat. evenings are the more popular times to eat out. Gorgeous views of the rock, especially at sundown. The nautical décor was a combination of some lovely pieces (beautiful sculptured jellyfish and school of fish light pieces hanging from the ceiling) and some "cheasy " ones (plastic lobsters on the wall).

The menu had some lovely choices. Even though all items were ala carte (which most restaurants seem to be nowadays) I was surprised to see that the bread was also! $4.00 for garlic bread? We ordered a bowl of Boston Chowder (soup du jour) to start which we split and it was delicious! Sort of a creamy tomato/clam chowder combination with meaty pieces of seafood and served piping hot.

Hubby ordered the daily special....seafood platter, and I ordered the crabmeat stuffed sole. It took 35 minutes to receive our dinners despite the restaurant still being quite empty. Passed the time with enjoying the sun going down behind the Rock but were really starting to get tired of waiting. The dishes finally arrived and the presentations were lovely...quite big. That's where it stopped, though, as far as my dish was concerned. As I started to eat I realized that the fish portion of sole was just a narrow 2" piece no bigger than 4" in length. It sat upon the hugest mound of "crab stuffing" I had ever seen (which made the whole dish seem huge at first). Took up half of the dinner plate.......probably four inches high! Problem was that it actually was more like mashed potatoes with some small cut up bits of vegetable and seasoning in it, not really stuffing as I'm use to. No noticeable pieces of crab at all! I've had this dish before at other places and the stuffing is a true bread stuffing with nice pieces of crab in it. I did notice some small strings of what seemed like crab, but no noticeable real "pieces". The fish portion was so out of proportion with the rest of the huge conglomerate of mashed potato "stuffing" that for most of my meal all I wound up eating every forkful was the "stuffing". The asparagus that was laid across the dish was also barely cooked (hard).

Hubby's meal, on the other hand, was very good with a good size portion of crab legs, nice garlic shrimp, coconut rice, and a decent size lobster tail. The only nit picking I could say about his meal is that they need to serve the butter sauce in a dish over a heated flame to keep it hot. After five minutes hubby was dipping his seafood into cold butter sauce.

A suggestion for management if reading this.....the lighting needs to be lowered in the room to give it more ambiance. The ceiling spotlights shining on each table are too harsh. Also small candles on the table, once it's dark outside, would really enhance the room's look.

All in all it wasn't a bad night, but not as good as I hoped (at least for my dish). Would we come back? Not sure. Maybe would give it a second shot by ordering something besides the stuffed sole!

2  Thank Pudge56
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had the best night here the server / manager(?) was extremely helpful and friendly, super knowledgeable on the specials. We opted to try oysters for the first time as we were so close to the sea, he know where and when they had arrived and as we were unsure how to have them brought lemon, Tabasco and a whole range of items to try with them to find our own fav way of eating oysters! We had a crab, lobster and coconut rice special and lobster ravioli with vodka tomato sauce both of which were delicious. Watching the sun set behind Morro Rock it was one of the best eves of our whole trip. You must go here!